List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I worry what the price would be.
He's not worth pick 1 but he's worth more than our second rounder
This is where we hit them with the old Dodoro switcheroo.

Richmond pay Cam enough for Band 1 and we trade it to them for Tim and their two second rounders. Everyone wins.

Luke Davies-Uniacke (North Melbourne)

Contracted until 2025, but has had to endure a lot of losing at the Kangaroos. Supremely talented, the Crows know exactly what Davies-Uniacke can do after he delivered one of his best games with 37 disposals, 11 clearances and a goal against them in 2022. Davies-Uniacke has also been strongly linked to St Kilda and Essendon but Adelaide seems likely to be in the running.

Geez the media is riding the LDU thing. Theres tons of players with a year left on their contracts (after this year) they could be highlighting. The focus on LDU is just dumb, particularly given the talent being stockpiled and our ability to front load big contracts.

If I'm LDU that's exactly where I'm going. Still going to be number 1 hit-to, but has some very good defensive players covering his deficiencies, and the side is weak enough not to put too much scrutiny on those deficiencies.
If im LDU im staying put and being a one club player. He'll get 1m+ at North on a long deal while having plenty of talent around him to be winning plenty of games by 2026.

I’d be keeping a very close eye on Luke Parker. He has two years to run on his contract but could well be pushed out of the stacked Sydney midfield. With Mills still to come back he may find himself on the outer.

He is the sort of player who we could offer him a big deal to come home to Vic for a few years to help lead all the youngsters

Taranto only makes sense if you ban him from kicking. The dude makes some our most suspect players over the last 20 years look like Darren Jarman.
If we want some leadership and help in the middle, without starving our younger guys of minutes we need somebody that can also play forward.
Somebody like Danger would be a far better option imo. 2 year deal, 50% mid 50% forward and reducing mid minutes in the second year.

I’d be keeping a very close eye on Luke Parker. He has two years to run on his contract but could well be pushed out of the stacked Sydney midfield. With Mills still to come back he may find himself on the outer.

He is the sort of player who we could offer him a big deal to come home to Vic for a few years to help lead all the youngsters

Taylor Adams another if he is just a bit part player.

Too much value is placed upon draft picks. Imagine having a Lachie Neale or Steven May type that wants to come to you only to not get the deal done so that you draft a Paddy Dow or Dylan Stephens

Too much value is placed upon draft picks. Imagine having a Lachie Neale or Steven May type that wants to come to you only to not get the deal done so that you draft a Paddy Dow or Dylan Stephens…

The problem is we don't have a Lachie Neale or Steven May type who wants to come to the club in its current situation.

Too much value is placed upon draft picks. Imagine having a Lachie Neale or Steven May type that wants to come to you only to not get the deal done so that you draft a Paddy Dow or Dylan Stephens
Yes, imagine.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but there's a bloke at Carlton id be into big time, with all these moves happening in their forward line, and a salary cap squeeze.

Jesse Motlop.

He is exactly what we need in our forward half.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but there's a bloke at Carlton id be into big time, with all these moves happening in their forward line, and a salary cap squeeze.

Jesse Motlop.

He is exactly what we need in our forward half.
Think it’s in the clubs constitution that no more motlops are to grace the nmfc

Slightest hint Parker would come this should be Brady, Viney and Clarko.
Chris Hemsworth Movie GIF by NETFLIX

Last edited:

Love It Yes GIF by HockeyDiversityAlliance

Luke Parker one of the very few opposition players i actually like a bit, Callan Ward another.

Slightest hint Parker would come this should be Brady, Viney and Clarko.
Chris Hemsworth Movie GIF by NETFLIX

Luke Parker one of the very few opposition players i actually like a bit, Callan Ward another.

It's rumoured that he signed for only around 650-700k per year for his contract, I'd happily offer him a mill per year to come down and play a role in us climbing up the ladder. He is the exact type of player who'd be the perfect guide for Wardlaw.

It's rumoured that he signed for only around 650-700k per year for his contract, I'd happily offer him a mill per year to come down and play a role in us climbing up the ladder. He is the exact type of player who'd be the perfect guide for Wardlaw.

I wonder if he has any coaching aspirations? A playing/coaching/mentoring role with the chance to move into an off field role.

We haven’t got many selling points right now apart from $$$, that could be one.

These are the exact type trades we should be targeting.
Proven leaders who are being squeezed out over the next few years - which we can afford to give a big pay day to end their careers.
To nurture and mentor our young group.

Not lead, support. Sheezal wardlaw are the lead act and they need experienced support.

That's the unique dilema facing our club. We are actually very similar to the chicago bulls in 1984. They had a team of playeres who were not interested and playing for pay cheques and they had 1 michael jordan. The team decided to build the right players around jordan and just let the uninterested players drift off.

Thought the exact same thing when the Sydney team came out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back