List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what maley and free are supposed to be doing

Maley is 197cm and more of a forward/ruck. Was never going to be a full time ruck option. Free will be delisted by the end of the year. CCJ has shown he isn't up to being a full time ruck, and will probably struggle coming back after an achilles.

Moyle or Bryan would absolutely put pressure on Xerri and give us really solid depth. Both of them would back themselves in to be the number 1 over X too.

Bit of talk about us and that we should be going after Luke Parker.

Other than that it's not worth watching.

Gettable segment at the end

LDU - "not gettable this year, very gettable next year"
Melican - "not gettable - has hit a trigger for another year"
Moyle - "gettable - multiple clubs are looking in the ruck space"

West coast haven't bottomed out yet.
They have a core of good older players.
Very different list build to ours.
When Yeo, McGovern and co are gone they are in trouble
There form this year is a dead cat bounce I suspect. Those guys won't stay on the park.View attachment 1989210

Hard agree here. Just in time for Harley get homesick.

I don't get the Battle obsession. The backline pieces are already on the list. Logue + Chom is an elite KPD combination. Between Corr, Dawson x2, LMac, Pink and Biggie we have the 3rd tall and medium tall + depth covered. Hardeman / Archer / Bergman / Fisher on the smalls.

The backline will start looking better once the midfield starts limiting the endless supply of inside 50s.

Our focus should be a tall forward who can take a contested mark, a crumbing / pressuring small forward and a bigger body in the midfield.
I have seen it posted here numerous times that for whatever reason Battle hates North and that's where the conversation stops...

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't get the Battle obsession. The backline pieces are already on the list. Logue + Chom is an elite KPD combination. Between Corr, Dawson x2, LMac, Pink and Biggie we have the 3rd tall and medium tall + depth covered. Hardeman / Archer / Bergman / Fisher on the smalls.

The backline will start looking better once the midfield starts limiting the endless supply of inside 50s.

Our focus should be a tall forward who can take a contested mark, a crumbing / pressuring small forward and a bigger body in the midfield.
I agree with this, we have an abundance of defenders and we need to be targeting the other end of the ground, especially if Cam goes and we lose TT and Cam in the same year.

I'd love to see Ford tried down back as well - 190cm, brilliant mark, smart footballer and kicks it beautifully.

So, does he hate North? Maybe stems from the '70's rivalry instilled by his old man.

I remember the last time he was out of contract the topic came up and I recall hearing something to the tune of "not in a million f***ing years" in relation to coming to North.

Maybe that doesn't include not in a million dollars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember the last time he was out of contract the topic came up and I recall hearing something to the tune of "not in a million f***ing years" in relation to coming to North.

Maybe that doesn't include not in a million dollars.
Pretty simple response to Battle then...Well go and get f@#$ then!!:tongueclosed:

we should absolutely be targeting Bryan from Essendon and/or Moyle from GC, having competition for Xerri while Goad develops will only make us stronger. Moyle and Bryan offer points of difference and could get the number 1 a fair shake.

Why would Bryan leave.... whilst he has been pushed back with the recruitment of Goldie, you wouldn't think Goldie would go around again and Draper is regularly injured

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why would Bryan leave.... whilst he has been pushed back with the recruitment of Goldie, you wouldn't think Goldie would go around again and Draper is regularly injured

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Goldie continues his form, then he is every chance of going around again. Prior to Goldy Draper was their first choice ruckman, so it means Bryan is 3rd in the pecking order. Not ideal as a maturing 22 year old.

You state facts just on the numbers.
In years gone by we all saw young teams be able to get run on and look great for periods of time before running out of steam.
But almost every team has strong forward presses these days and one things we really lack is aerial power to help get us throw them. Imo it would be much harder for those bottomed out clubs to get those upset wins today.

No, numbers are facts. Goals are numbers, wins are numbers, losses are numbers, percentage is a number. Those are the metrics used to determine performance in a sporting competition and the entire game is about giving yourself the best possible chance of being on the positive side of the ledger.

In any case, the last time we looked anything other than inept for any sustained period of time was the back end of 2021. Three seasons ago. If we don't count that it was 2019. Five seasons ago.

You absolutely have a point in regards to tactics - but that is an entirely separate issue to why after all this time we are still in a prolonged period of shitness.

If Goldie continues his form, then he is every chance of going around again. Prior to Goldy Draper was their first choice ruckman, so it means Bryan is 3rd in the pecking order. Not ideal as a maturing 22 year old.

I think he's definitely worth a look. At worst, I imagine he'd be a massive upgrade on Free.

It's actually ideal for Essendon. Bryan is developing in the right way.

And for North, we have a young ish ruckman. He's not great, but unless we're trading him in the process of bringing another in, what's the point?

Draper is nearly cooked through injury and Goldy is a dinosaur.
You'd think he'd be able to force his way in this year or next, though this is Scotts we are talking about.

Logue + Chom is definitely not elite. I like them - but this is another example of North fans vastly over rating our players.

It's actually ideal for Essendon. Bryan is developing in the right way.

And for North, we have a young ish ruckman. He's not great, but unless we're trading him in the process of bringing another in, what's the point?

Depth, more mature injury cover, more competition to drive improvement.

Bryan/Moyle could see themselves more likely to get games here ahead of X than they would ahead of Witts/Goldy/Draper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back