List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Shiel wouldn't cost a lot but at this stage anything is going to improve us. We're seriously that bad in terms of lacking senior experience.

It's incredible how badly our list management has been. We went from the Rolls Royces in Wells, Boomer, Higgo etc. etc. to considering Shiel lol.

Disaster. Just get Parker.

Which of norths current midfielders would Shiel replace output?

Phillips? Lazzaro? Shiels? Greenwood?
Certainly wouldn’t be ahead of Powell, Wardlaw and LDU and above names are pretty debatable as well.

Certainly wouldn’t be ahead of Powell, Wardlaw and LDU and above names are pretty debatable as well.

2 of them will be retired, one will probably request a trade and who knows what happens to fumbles Lazzaro.

In saying that I’m sure we could find better options than Dylan Shiel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiel ain't gonna solve any of our most pertinent midfield issues, namely defensive accountability, ball use by foot, and hardness at the contest. He is a soft downhill skier who torches the footy. Adding him would only further exacerbate our current midfield woes.

The Shiel thing started a few days ago from one of those stupid FB or X pages

View attachment 1997967
What a load of shit.

With half the list currently made up of one-way running soft serves that’s got us in this hole, the LAST person in the AFL we would chase would be the biggest soft serve of them all.

This is 💯 troll and it wouldn’t surprise me if it was from a *scum supporter.

Why are we always thinking of experience players to lead, why are we not getting the right experience players to hold the line so the top end youngsters attack ala alexander the great and general parmenion?

Why are we always thinking of experience players to lead, why are we not getting the right experience players to hold the line so the top end youngsters attack ala alexander the great and general parmenion?

Does this make sense? Instead of getting experienced players to lead we should get the right experienced players?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we get Shiel, that would just about do me. Unless it was a salary dump and Essendon’s first rounder came with it.

We are the worst turnover side in the comp, and Shiel is one of the worst turnover players in the game. He is also one soft tissue injury away from being completely cooked.

Agree, but more importantly, he doesn't provide the type of experience we need. He's never seen success, he's selfish, he doesn't strike me as a player who values team and others and as you say, he's a limited player.

We wouldn't do it. I have enough faith - just enough - that we are better run than this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back