Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting.. funnily enough, although I went to games during that era, I have no memories of a "young" Jim Jess. Or did he always look 35?

Debuted 1976 at 21 years old(played 6 games), kicked on in 1977 playing 20 games and was a regular after that
Yeah can't remember him without a beard, to tell you the truth
First saw him play in 1978 at Waverley v Hawks
Noah carries himself a bit like the ghost, versatile like him for sure

Debuted 1976 at 21 years old(played 6 games), kicked on in 1977 playing 20 games and was a regular after that
Jimmy Jess had an idiosyncratic running style, a bit crab like...

Should see the guy today. He is in magnificent nick could almost pull the boots on again. Ripping bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna be a horses for courses with pies predominant med size front half I can see markov playing a role down there this week , which may be diff week after. That said , many sides have followed our trend of small forward lines rather than the old crow style land of the giants that has become very passé , won’t be often we need both Balta and astbury back to mind giants

Haven't had a player like Noah for as long as I can remember
Can play ruck, KPF, KPD, reasonable pace, aggression and can roost the footy 60+ metres
Still raw but I say let him play as many games as possible, going to be a very big asset this year
Very exciting impact player

Even when he's fairly average like last week he causes a few issues. I said in this thread that IMHO he should play VFL this year and maybe cameo a bit in the AFL. But his tools cause enough havoc that I'm coming round quickly. He can jump so high that he competes in the centre rucks. And although not really AFL standard right now he causes match up problems.

Great problem to have. Play the kid with all the tools, cases the opposition problems and so develop him faster. Or play a solid AFL quality player.

Haven't had a player like Noah for as long as I can remember
Can play ruck, KPF, KPD, reasonable pace, aggression and can roost the footy 60+ metres
Still raw but I say let him play as many games as possible, going to be a very big asset this year
Very exciting impact player
It's why I kept hoping Ben Griffiths would have his break-out year. Instead he had an almost break-out game every 3rd year or so.
And he was missing the reasonable pace and reasonable aggression that Noah has.

The way i look at it we really have no choice but to play Balta

We certainly cannot play Soldo & Nankervis in the same team as its just way to slow and stagnant, We need relief in the Ruck as well as another tall drifting foward.

Balta is the man and should play all games

It's why I kept hoping Ben Griffiths would have his break-out year. Instead he had an almost break-out game every 3rd year or so.

I like the aggression side of Balta and he's not afraid to use it, Griffiths and Elton=pussys

One thing Griff wasn't lacking was pace. Quicker than Balta.

won't miss a game until his 140th when he tears his acl
Delete this s**t.

some players you can just never get enough of their highlight reel. Balta is going to be one of those guys that even during quiet games will produce something that makes your jaw drop.
Looking at his effort last week he didn’t do a hell of a lot but created a goal out of nothing with a huge roost from the centre that carried the pack and landed in Nanks hands.
Great to have these type of players that can impact games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back