Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll have a think, but have we got any better smaller/mid size defenders in the twos with experience who can run off halfback - the qualities that will be required. Is Markov better? Cue ideas......................

I agree on McIntosh - leave him where he is. Far more effective.
No, Markov no better imo. I'm with JJ. Balta goes back on rotations only (not on Cox though- the Myawhatever his nane is). Still will be able to relieve in the ruck. Forward line gets Castagna if right to go, or even Moore.

Can't see Noah playing back against the pies, there's no real opponent for him
He needs to do what he did Thursday against the blues, ...
We only need to make one change, obviously Rance out
Either Ellis in ,, or if George is ready then George in
Tall defender Rance OUT replaced by a tall defender Balta. Is just leaving a structure in place. If Rance was uninjured I'm sure our backline would've been unchanged. With Rance getting injured we have to rethink Balta's position. I'd be playing Balta & Garth as KPD. I've liked Balta's ruckwork more than his forward craft. I like your idea of George in. We need pace up the fwd line.

I went to Richmond tech until year 10 then family moved to Kings Park (sntalbans)
I went to St Albans tech for 2 years and its a sh!t hole same as the friggin saburb which is even worse these days and had 8 fights in 6 months until the 'Crew' at tech worked out that i was more than happy to get down and dirty with the best of their pathetic lot. they soon worked out their bullying tactics wont work and backed off and was fine after that. Warren Michelef (spelling) was the prix name that was the instigator so if you are around these boards Fwitt your a shite.

Live in Keilor Village now so alot nicer
I lived my childhood in Richmond when Collingwood, Abbotsford, Burnley, Fitzroy, North Melbourne, Carlton, Footscray etc were considered scummy areas. Look at them now. Ivan Maric comes from St Albans way. Please avoid generalising about these unfashionable areas. Instead, show pride in your suburb. Our club prides itself on diversity and inclusion. What would Noah Balta think if he read negative posts and what's his background got to do with how he performs? I am sure he is proud of where he lives as Ivan is.

I lived my childhood in Richmond when Collingwood, Abbotsford, Burnley, Fitzroy, North Melbourne, Carlton, Footscray etc were considered scummy areas. Look at them now. Ivan Maric comes from St Albans way. Please avoid generalising about these unfashionable areas. Instead, show pride in your suburb. Our club prides itself on diversity and inclusion. What would Noah Balta think if he read negative posts and what's his background got to do with how he performs? I am sure he is proud of where he lives as Ivan is.
Doesn't change the fact that StAlbans is a hole

The Cats last year had multiple key defensive injuries for the bulk of the season and uncovered some great young players. Their defence was sensational last year and statistically mean. I’m not so concerned as many about losing Rance. We have some great young defenders who we can now develop and it’s easier to play down back as a young player with the ball coming at you unlike forwards with their back to goal and having to turn. Young defenders generally impact far earlier in their careers than forwards.

Agree with above - Pies forward line is actually quite small overall. Surely B Ellis comes in and Balta continues his current role. He needs more time to develop and keeping him to one role is far easier and more productive at this stage. He performed quite ok and I think we should give him the chance to settle in to that role.

If you call parking the bus sensational we could do that too. But that's a sign that your defence is s**t.

You get good and bad in every suburb, But St Albans is a s**t hole and the percentage of s**t is higher there. Has nothing to do with Balta or Ivan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to Richmond tech until year 10 then family moved to Kings Park (sntalbans)
I went to St Albans tech for 2 years and its a sh!t hole same as the friggin saburb which is even worse these days and had 8 fights in 6 months until the 'Crew' at tech worked out that i was more than happy to get down and dirty with the best of their pathetic lot. they soon worked out their bullying tactics wont work and backed off and was fine after that. Warren Michelef (spelling) was the prix name that was the instigator so if you are around these boards Fwitt your a shite.

Live in Keilor Village now so alot nicer
Its spelt Michelif and i only gave you all those floggings because you kept parking your bike in my spot you prik😉

I hope we do not put Balta in defence against Collingwood. Their forward line is athletic and fast and I don't know if he can keep up with them. I would like to see him in the centre/forward line. That's where he can use his strength and height more efficiently.

Athletic and fast are exactly the traits that everyone is excited about when they talk about Balta.

In saying that, I hope he stays around the middle and Garth gets a shot.

Athletic and fast are exactly the traits that everyone is excited about when they talk about Balta.

In saying that, I hope he stays around the middle and Garth gets a shot.
With the Rance injury and Balta's reputation as a key back I thought it would be a good opp and just play him down back. Having said that I like him contesting the ruck too, and wouldn't want to rob the team of that. I am really perplexed at his 50% game time and is that fitness? or just giving Nank a rest. I'd prefer Balta rotating between backline and ruck if possible

If you call parking the bus sensational we could do that too. But that's a sign that your defence is s**t.
Lowest points conceded in the H&A season last year is a pretty good metric your defence is doing bloody well.............

And parking the bus? They ended up with a percentage over 130.

Last edited:
Lowest points conceded in the H&A season last year is a pretty good metric your defence is doing bloody well.............

And parking the bus? They ended up with a percentage over 130.
Geelong conceeded the lowest points in the H &A season last year
1554.... we were second,,, 1574

Beast Mode...
r0liKD8.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back