Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

i graduated from Snorebans High...back when picking on Asians were in vogue....yeah had more than my fair share of knuckle sandwich...that's physical pain but gotta admit the mental scars are far worse to deal with

I went to Richmond tech until year 10 then family moved to Kings Park (sntalbans)
I went to St Albans tech for 2 years and its a sh!t hole same as the friggin saburb which is even worse these days and had 8 fights in 6 months until the 'Crew' at tech worked out that i was more than happy to get down and dirty with the best of their pathetic lot. they soon worked out their bullying tactics wont work and backed off and was fine after that. Warren Michelef (spelling) was the prix name that was the instigator so if you are around these boards Fwitt your a shite.

Live in Keilor Village now so alot nicer

I went to Richmond tech until year 10 then family moved to Kings Park (sntalbans)
I went to St Albans tech for 2 years and its a sh!t hole same as the friggin saburb which is even worse these days and had 8 fights in 6 months until the 'Crew' at tech worked out that i was more than happy to get down and dirty with the best of their pathetic lot. they soon worked out their bullying tactics wont work and backed off and was fine after that. Warren Michelef (spelling) was the prix name that was the instigator so if you are around these boards Fwitt your a shite.

Live in Keilor Village now so alot nicer
Attended Richmond/Collingwood for awhile too before Snorebans. So me and my abo friends, black as guts, and whites and yellows, were playing footy on a hot day. Then I got an icypole or something like that...and I shared it with my abo mate, there we were licking the same icypole nonchalantly....like so what if anyone sees us ?

Then kids grow up into adults, full of judgements and hate.......WTF happened ??? What turned innocent kids into full-on vindictive jerks ?

ps: just came to me, my friend's name was Alfred.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noah didn't get big figures last night but liked the way he went about it
he gave away 2 frees that were a result of being to keen
he dropped a getable mark early and just dropped a really hard chance late
give him another couple of games to see if he can settle into the pace of AFL and physicality of the level

the Collingwood game next week will be a good test

Noah didn't get big figures last night but liked the way he went about it
he gave away 2 frees that were a result of being to keen
he dropped a getable mark early and just dropped a really hard chance late
give him another couple of games to see if he can settle into the pace of AFL and physicality of the level

the Collingwood game next week will be a good test
Agree. Positive signs.
He competes bloody hard and has really good size and pace for a young tall.

Gee I know he has been told he needs to lower his eyes but, boy, that 70m kick out of the centre for Nank to goal in the first qtr was pretty special.

With Lynch and Jack down there I am not so worried about bombing it forward like I did last couple of years.

I liked his game.

He competed very well when in at the centre bounce which in itself is a pass mark for me. he halved / won a lot of contests.

kicked a nice goal, probably should have had 2 but dropped the mark. that will come with confidence.

still think him being in the side helps our structure.

I liked his game.

He competed very well when in at the centre bounce which in itself is a pass mark for me. he halved / won a lot of contests.

kicked a nice goal, probably should have had 2 but dropped the mark. that will come with confidence.

still think him being in the side helps our structure.

Definitely freed nank at some pretty critical times during the game without losing any potency in the centre square

Without balta playing nank would of probobly only kicked 1

balta is not going to replace rance. he is not fit enough to play a whole game, yesterday was ample proof of that. and thats ignoring the lack of experience. the types of forwards rance plays on (franklin, darling, jenkins etc) will blow balta out of the water in fitness alone, let along strength and experience.

Media already starting with Balta speculation.View attachment 639405
Lol media is hilarious. Has Balta said he wanted to concentrate on his season first or are they speculating because his name hasn’t come up when it comes to Richmond contract talks?

balta is not going to replace rance. he is not fit enough to play a whole game, yesterday was ample proof of that. and thats ignoring the lack of experience. the types of forwards rance plays on (franklin, darling, jenkins etc) will blow balta out of the water in fitness alone, let along strength and experience.

I would think Astbury and now even Grimes/Broad would take the forwards you mention. Doubt Balta would have to take on that much responsibility. The beauty of our back line is that it has been so versatile that there was a bit of a rotation happening allowing Rance some freedom.

Not fit this is that just play the kid.Everybody said that about Macartin at swans in the draft and was fantastic in his first season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back