VFL 2nd Elimination Final - Collingwood vs Werribee at North Port Oval (Pies into 2nd SF, replay in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't make todays game, things to do, but caught bits on tv and was impressed by how VFL players stepped up today. Thought it was a good win and they've certainly made selection decisions tough for next week.

All those guys should play next week except Reid.

Add in Moloney Hellier Pendlebury Taylor Close Still (from our VFL list) and it's a crazy good VFL team.

We should give the VFL premiership a real tilt :eek:

Hey We Are Still In It so a VFL Flag Still a Chance

Didn't make todays game, things to do, but caught bits on tv and was impressed by how VFL players stepped up today. Thought it was a good win and they've certainly made selection decisions tough for next week.

Agree - The VFL Listed Boys played really well and big Part in our Win

Just finished watching a replay, as I couldn't make it to the game. Exciting stuff! Well done to Dale Tapping. Anyone know the date, time and whereabouts of next week's game?

Tapping is amazing Coach

Just finished watching a replay, as I couldn't make it to the game. Exciting stuff! Well done to Dale Tapping. Anyone know the date, time and whereabouts of next week's game?
Most likely is 11.40am next Sunday, at North Port Oval. It will be against the loser of tomorrow's Sanrdingham vs Williamstown match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which out of close and still are nominating for the draft?
And do you think we'd be interested in drafting either?

Oh and I thought Williams' performance today was under rated. Was solid,and ferocious in his attack on the ball.

Which out of close and still are nominating for the draft?
And do you think we'd be interested in drafting either?

Close is the one that is Invited to the State Combine but does not mean Still has also Nominated for the Draft.

Both I would not mind Collingwood would Draft

Be interesting IF we play all of Moore,Close,Still and a Resting Ruckman? I say 1 of Close or Still misses out

Hmm, Moore effectively plays like a mid with his athletic profile and Close moves pretty well for a 199cm type also. Rotate the rucks off the bench perhaps?

(By the way, I see you got home alright...:thumbsu: )

Close is the one that is Invited to the State Combine but does not mean Still has also Nominated for the Draft.

Both I would not mind Collingwood would Draft

Funnily enough, I was sitting right behind a couple of gentlemen who, as it turns out, were scouts for Gold Coast.

Peeking over their shoulder, one of them had scribbled some (borderline illegible) notes underneath the heading "#71"...

Funnily enough, I was sitting right behind a couple of gentlemen who, as it turns out, were scouts for Gold Coast.

Peeking over their shoulder, one of them had scribbled some (borderline illegible) notes underneath the heading "#71"...

So Suns is 1 of the Team that wanted to look at Close at Combine.

Don’t Suns already have enough Tall Forwards though?

Hmm, Moore effectively plays like a mid with his athletic profile and Close moves pretty well for a 199cm type also. Rotate the rucks off the bench perhaps?

(By the way, I see you got home alright...:thumbsu: )

Yeah Got Home Right but took about 2 and Half Hours to go get there:eek:

See you Also got Home Okay Too MagpieBat :thumbsu:

So Suns is 1 of the Team that wanted to look at Close at Combine.

Don’t Suns already have enough Tall Forwards though?

Maybe, maybe not. They might have just been in the neighbourhood and wanted to take a look at him. Due dilligence and all that.

There was another Combine invitee playing yesterday as well that they might have been looking at as well: Close's opponent, Jake Wilson.

Yeah Got Home Right but took about 2 and Half Hours to go get there:eek:

See you Also got Home Okay Too MagpieBat :thumbsu:

Yes, although it took significantly longer for our team to make it back to the ranch. Went off to our favourite pub and had a late lunch, with drinks to celebrate.

Will these be televised?

11:40 is a strange TV time
That's why it's 11.40, so that Channel 7 can show the VFL live then cut to the MCG for the afternoon final (North vs Tigers).

So yes, almost certainly it will be live on 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back