VFL 2nd Elimination Final - Collingwood vs Werribee at North Port Oval (Pies into 2nd SF, replay in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the game next week at a neutral ground????

To make it easier for some of us, which players taking the field tomorrow against Essendon are eligible for VFL next week?

And will players like Frost and Witts be able to play?
Kennedy, Marsh, Maynard, Moore, Reid, Scharenberg can all play VFL next week. So can Goodyear. They've already said Reid won't play on.

Frost can't play, Witts can. So can anyone else who played today.

With the number of potential senior listed players returning as stated by fellow posters, I for one would be happy for Caff to make way next week for an AFL or VFL player that has played an important part in getting the VFL team to this position in the finals.
Wait, Caff make way?

What? He was our second best midfielder today and is 100% eligible to play next week.

I don't get it, sorry.

Agree, if any of the senior players made way I'd say bye bye Clinton.
Yep, Young looks shot, so does Seeds really, both look disinterested at times.

Caff is throwing his body in hard now, and has looked better every week. Is an annoying player to have against you at this level.

Not sure if this has been said already, but it was great to see, and hear, all those supporters in a makeshift cheer squad behind the goals today.
The game had a lot of atmosphere.

Back to North Port Oval

That's good I actually enjoyed it today.

It's not Vic Park..... but I tell you what I saw & heard a few things in the outer that took me back in time :p

To make it easier for some of us, which players taking the field tomorrow against Essendon are eligible for VFL next week?

And will players like Frost and Witts be able to play?

Kennedy, Moore, Reid, Maynard, Marsh, Scharenberg and Goodyear.

Frost is not eligible but Witts is.

Wait, Caff make way?

What? He was our second best midfielder today and is 100% eligible to play next week.

I don't get it, sorry.

Love Caff Matty.:thumbsu:

Simply saying finals experience for the youngsters for mine is paramount for their continual development and the future of the club.

A good player regardless of being senior listed or not who may have played well for the VFL side for the majority of the year and will have to make way if he is selected.

He has already experienced finals at a higher level.

I would simply prefer one of our deserved future young stars to experience finals if the choice comes down to a veteran Vr's a junior/ our future.

Pending on how he pulls up I accept he will more than likely improve the side.

Glad I'm not a selector next week.

Not sure if this has been said already, but it was great to see, and hear, all those supporters in a makeshift cheer squad behind the goals today.

MG, do you think they were the same raucous bunch that led the cheering and singing from the Bob Rose Stand last week?

Simply saying finals experience for the youngsters for mine is paramount for their continual development and the future of the club.

A good player regardless of being senior listed or not who may have played well for the VFL side for the majority of the year and will have to make way if he is selected.

I would simply prefer one of our deserved future young stars to experience finals if the choice comes down to a veteran Vr's a junior/ our future.

We won't have any finals experience if we lose though, and our midfield has been poor the last few weeks, I reckon it was probably beaten today with only Caff and Dwyer standing out.

I get where you are coming from now, you want the kids to play, but I want the VFL side to win.

Personally, of those playing tomorrow I'd bring in Moore (forward), Marsh (replaces Frost down back), Scharenberg (one who does need more games), Maynard (need his poise and size) Kennedy (obviously) and Goodyear (midfield depth).

I'd leave Reid out, don't want him playing VFL next week just in case. If we make the prelim maybe bring him back for that.

So that's 6 changes. No real injuries of note today so of today's team I'd take out Frost (not eligible), Blair and Gray and then it gets hard.

Need 3 more outs after that.

You're right, not easy selection at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game stats by the way (if they haven't been posted yet);

11990415_524095894422409_3503959435411786328_n.jpg

10432506_524095907755741_3876290865694858995_n.jpg

Yep, Young looks shot, so does Seeds really, both look disinterested at times.

Caff is throwing his body in hard now, and has looked better every week. Is an annoying player to have against you at this level.

Most of the Game you would not know that Seedsman Played and Young Barley Touched it

This year, our youngsters have had too much experience of narrowly losing big games - bad for the psyche. I say we play the best possible team and win the thing.

Bet the only VFL Game they Actually went too this year. I don’t count the Northern Blues as it was at the G and they did not have to go anywhere else for the VFL Game

This year, our youngsters have had too much experience of narrowly losing big games - bad for the psyche.

Agree to a point but for mine we have been rewarded as supporters with a number of fantastic close wins in the VFL in 2015 even when injury has struck.

Last edited:
MG, do you think they were the same raucous bunch that led the cheering and singing from the Bob Rose Stand last week?
Not sure VP. It was orderly with lots of streamers and chearing and chanting

(What do they call those things with all the streamers on a stick that the cheer squads used to use at the G?:p

Not sure VP. It was orderly with lots of streamers and chearing and chanting

(What do they call those things with all the streamers on a stick that the cheer squads used to use at the G?:p

Floggers I believe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back