Game Day 2nd Semi Final - Port Adelaide vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

A very geelong like performance from port, Hinkley has put his stamp on the club. stop being sore losers and enjoy the wonderful season you have had
TBH, I think we could have been bigger sore losers about the loss. Go and read a couple of our other threads :thumbsu:

Congrats on a great season guys. I thought the umps burnt you in the second half, so many 50/50's went against you. That one where the Geelong defender virtually slung Schulz out of the marking contest was a disgrace. The free against Carlisle in the last that gave Geelong a goal also terrible. At least the AFL get their wish for a 90000+ prelim between the Cats and the Hawks. For those having a go at Schulz he did get badly hurt on the wing, he came down on a Geelongs players knee but kept giving all night. Anyhow your rejuvenation this year is similar to North Melbourne when Pagan took charge in 93.

Congrats on a great season guys. I thought the umps burnt you in the second half, so many 50/50's went against you. That one where the Geelong defender virtually slung Schulz out of the marking contest was a disgrace. The free against Carlisle in the last that gave Geelong a goal also terrible. At least the AFL get their wish for a 90000+ prelim between the Cats and the Hawks. For those having a go at Schulz he did get badly hurt on the wing, he came down on a Geelongs players knee but kept giving all night. Anyhow your rejuvenation this year is similar to North Melbourne when Pagan took charge in 93.
No one would really have a go at schulz here mate...

He is port adelaide royalty now

History tells us that it's very difficult to advance beyond the second week from the bottom half of the eight, and even more so when the team trying to do it is travelling for the second week in a row. If you need more evidence of that, just think back to the equivalent game last year between Adelaide and Fremantle - our game played out in a very similar way to that one and I expect the consequences next season to be similar as well - with Port doing a Freo and jumping over their victorious opponent and into the top four.

Consider the circumstances last night. It was 2 v 7 - a team that had won 18 games in the minor round against a team that had won 12 - and Port almost pulled it off. It would have been one of the great finals boilovers of all time.

Port's first half last night was incredible. After Chapman kicked his second goal midway through the first term, the Cats had 2-2 on the board and then didn't score again until about midway through the second quarter. So, effectively, Port held the great Geelong scoreless for a quarter! That is stunning.

Make no mistake, Geelong is still well capable of winning the premiership this year and they had a near-death experience against Port last night. They had to dig as deep as they've ever dug in a final to pull that one out of the fire and that speaks volumes about Port's progression this year.

When you're based in Melbourne like I am, it can sometimes be difficult to be a Port supporter. You don't get to see many games live and the ones you do see are often losses, with a fair slice of them being terrible shockers and hammerings.

But the last 2 weeks have probably been the most enjoyable I've ever had as a Port supporter in this town. Big finals in front of big crowds at the MCG, with Port playing the true Port Adelaide football that I grew up watching at Alberton all those years ago.

I'd like to thank our club - the off-field leadership, the coaches, players and everyone else who has played a role in getting us to where we are now.

The journey is not over - in fact it is just beginning. We have seen a glimpse of the future this September and I for one am looking forward to that future with great optimism.

On a personal note, I celebrated the birth of my daughter in January, my first and probably only child. I couldn't have said this at the time, but I can say it with confidence now - that I look forward to her growing up and knowing the same PAFC that I knew as a child - a club that honours it's past but lives in the present, that never gives up and is committed to being the best and making new history year after year.

To everyone on this board, enjoy the offseason and I hope, like the team itself, you all come back bigger and better, primed for a great year in 2014.

Remember, We are Port Adelaide.

Rubbish. We are still in the finals. Our time is not over.

Our older guys have been carried throughout the season by our young batch of talent.

Your statement is completely ignorant of what our club has done this season.

I came in here to reap praise on your football side, and supporters too, but this comment was too stupid to not take the bait.

Luckily your coachis not a fool.

All the best for next year guys, love your style of footy..

Meant no disrespect. It was purely in the context of the game last night and in relation to your dominance over us - it was your older players that stood up and started the charge back. Whereas ours were getting done holding the ball and making mistakes (Cornes, Logan) yours were kicking clutch goals and leading from the front. It's why finals experience makes all the difference. Home and away you can get by with younger guys stepping up and covering, but when you're at the coalface in a semi-final/qualifying final, everyone looks to the older heads. It was Chapman who kicked 4 goals, Bartel who kicked that clutch goal that started your comeback, Corey that won the clearances in the third, Mackie that provided excellent rebound.

Someone on your board said that you had 9 players from 2007 compared to our 6. The difference being, those 9 included Chapman, Bartel, Selwood, Corey, Johnson vs Cassisi, Cornes, Logan, Boak, Westhoff for us. A bit of a difference in class for the most part. :)

Our side can take a lot of positives out of that performance, well as much as you can after a loss. Good luck against the Hawks and for the rest of the finals campaign.

When I saw that umpire Mcinnerney would be " playing" for the cats I knew port were gone, the free paid to Joel corey early in the last qtr was a disgrace and gave geelong the breathing space they needed. Having said that you blokes should have been an extra 3 goals up at half time but for your goal kicking. Good luck next year, you have an exciting young team and are good to watch, cheers.

Somehow we ended up with a crow slapper in front of us who decided 27 minutes into the last quarter to announce her crowness and how "weve done a lot more than you, weve got two premierships". campaigner.

Somehow we ended up with a crow slapper in front of us who decided 27 minutes into the last quarter to announce her crowness and how "weve done a lot more than you, weve got two premierships". silly.

I would have replied "You're right...you've also been done for cheating. Sit down, chump."

Hey guys, despite the general anger in this thread (fair enough, I was upset last week), just wanted to come on here to congratulate PA on the game and the season. You should be massively proud, and have a bright future (something noone could say last week).

The mutual respect between the teams was obvious!!!! Compare that to Geelong Vs Freo last week, where obviously no respect exists. You guys play good, hard, fair football, just like Geelong have prided themselves of for the past 10 years.

Well done!

Hey guys.

Just wanted to congratulate your players, coaching staff and the club in general for a great season and a bloody terrific turn around. :thumbsu:

Lots of exciting talent coming through and there is no doubt you blokes are going to be a real handful over the coming years.

Added to that, you're exciting to watch (something that can't be said for some other teams).

Bad luck last night, it'll spur your boys on next season.

I think that we are a better night team than day team.

Maybe because our key forwards are not as good as other sides in the top 6.

Your spot on the money,and thats why we need a K.P.F,Butcher has been a big letdown since we drafted him.
We need that spot filled before we can take the step up to challenge the big teams.
We will not get any higher until we have someone to fill that spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back