Game Day 2nds: Sandy vs Geelong @ Simmons Stadium From 2pm on CH7

Remove this Banner Ad

Timmy Memberey says hi. It won't hold him back if he's good enough. Buddy is the tallest small forward in history and Members plays like he's 196cm tall
I'm not for a second suggesting it will prevent him from having an AFL career though. I just said a minute ago that I've considered him AFL quality for over a year.

Another inch would be very handy though, as it would get him up from that 3rd-tall type height (which we already have in Skunk) to more of the genuine KPF height, in case Paddy doesn't make it, or is elsewhere.

I'm not for a second suggesting it will prevent him from having an AFL career though. I just said a minute ago that I've considered him AFL quality for over a year.

Another inch would be very handy though, as it would get him up from that 3rd-tall type height (which we already have in Skunk) to more of the genuine KPF height, in case Paddy doesn't make it, or is elsewhere.
Battle is 1cm smaller then mccartin

It should be up on 7 plus replays i think.

Nathan Freeman and him are both on my mums side of the family, both played today. I don't think they are related though how ever that works.

Battle is 1cm smaller then mccartin
2, unless Josh has grown from the 192cm I've seen him listed at numerous times. There was also talk that Paddy might have grown a touch over the last year and is now around the 195cm mark.

If anyone else doesn't want him to grow any more that's fine, but I'd see it as a real bonus if he did.

Just a bonus. Not the be-all and end all folks!

Battle is going to be one of the great draft steals.

Nice to see Armo throw some support behind the Dev League despite what has transpired. Atkins (#50) had some strong moments and looks remarkably composed and hard at it for someone still quite new to VFL footy.

He was talked about as a top 10 pick but it goes to show testing should be a guideline not an reason to rule him out. I heard Terry Wallace talking about how Sloane had gone at 40 something even though he was killing it at TAC level. Must have tested badly. In that all stars game Battle looked the best forward on the ground by a long way even though there were highly rated kids playing, he just did what it seems like he did today.

2, unless Josh has grown from the 192cm I've seen him listed at numerous times. There was also talk that Paddy might have grown a touch over the last year and is now around the 195cm mark.

If anyone else doesn't want him to grow any more that's fine, but I'd see it as a real bonus if he did.

Just a bonus. Not the be-all and end all folks!
Battle is 193 and paddy is 194?

If anyone else doesn't want him to grow any more that's fine, but I'd see it as a real bonus if he did. Just a bonus. Not the be-all and end all!

We all want him to grow but I don't think it's going to be a big issue if he doesn't. Paddy looks small up close is the funny thing but Battle looks tall. It might be because he's slimmer though.

So why is anyone arguing with me when that's precisely my position on it as well?!?

Sorry. I've started on the beers already and must be turning into an obnoxious twat already.

Can't see how mccartin fits in the team with membrey, Bruce and battle.. trade mccartin for a midfielder or trade Bruce for something..although ideally wouldn't trade Bruce, but wish he could clunk more often...

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like the boys played well.

How did Armo go?
Terrific first half. Ch 7 had him down with 17 possies by about half way through the 2nd quarter, but he trailed off after that and by the time he was pulled, just before 3/4 time, they had him down for just 22. So 17 for his first quarter and a half and 5 for the next quarter and a half.

Said after the game that he was blowing even in the pre-game warm-up though, so I'd say he just ran out of gas as the game wore on.

Said the aim is to play about 80 mins next week and then a full game the week after and then be available for senior selection for the last 3 rounds of the H&A season.

Would IMO be a clear upgrade on Dunstan and if Steele starts to tire by the end in particular he could be an upgrade on him as well.

I agree I'm sure I saw him listed as 191 in his draft year and then 192 after the draft now its 193 still only 18 might have a little left in him but 193 is in key forward territory
It's getting there, but with so many who play KPD these days being closer to 200cm than 193cm, you really need to be something pretty special or have amazing athleticism to be really dominant in one of the two key posts up forward at 193cm or less.

It's why Membrey, as good as he is, doesn't usually kick more than one or two against the really good defences, who have plenty of height.

NOK is very smart inside. A lot of clean pick ups a few clearances roving off the rucks in the last two quarters. Just needs to put on some muscle and could be damaging. White had a good game. White and Webster could be a deadly combo in the future. Webster a better defender but white a deadly kick. Hickey responded as best he could. Surprised that battle went to pick 39. How and why didn't any other club pick him earlier? A lot of promising signs

He was talked about as a top 10 pick but it goes to show testing should be a guideline not an reason to rule him out. I heard Terry Wallace talking about how Sloane had gone at 40 something even though he was killing it at TAC level. Must have tested badly. In that all stars game Battle looked the best forward on the ground by a long way even though there were highly rated kids playing, he just did what it seems like he did today.
It's bizarre isn't it. We clearly got a little lucky with him falling to that pick 39! The obsession with stats and numbers can be absurd- paralysis by analysis!!

It's getting there, but with so many who play KPD these days being closer to 200cm than 193cm, you really need to be something pretty special or have amazing athleticism to be really dominant in one of the two key posts up forward at 193cm or less.

It's why Membrey, as good as he is, doesn't usually kick more than one or two against the really good defences, who have plenty of height.
If Membrey was 193 he'd be leading the Coleman

Surprised that battle went to pick 39. How and why didn't any other club pick him earlier?
A mixture of reasons I'd say.

In no particular order:

He tested pretty badly for agility and maybe speed, apparently, so some clubs may have been put off that, even though there has been talk that he had an ankle injury during the combine.

The height thing I've been talking about. Clubs these days want them to be around 195cm at least for them to be considered "KPP's", I believe, so they probably saw Josh as more of a "3rd-tall" and they aren't as willing to spend up big on them.

There have been some rumours going around that he didn't necessarily interview that well, but whether that's true or not is not an answer I have.

Apparently some clubs didn't want to draft someone who had a year of schooling left, particularly interstate clubs (think Josh might have told them he wouldn't relocate until he'd graduated).

If Membrey was 193 he'd be leading the Coleman

Last year he nearly was at one point. If he'd played all 23 games he would have been killing it. He ran at 2.6 goals a game last year but was kicking a lot more bags.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back