Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia

Remove this Banner Ad

“Prestia’s exemplary consistency was underlined by him polling Jack Dyer Medal votes in every match this season.

1_GF270919MW3617.JPG

He received maximum votes 10 times, including a superb ‘perfect’ sequence from Round 19 to the preliminary final victory over Geelong.”

What a gun.

Congrats to the Human Meatball on a ripping 2019 and a well deserved B&F win... in a Premiership year no less. Richmond Royalty.

Best and Fairest in a premiership year is the highest individual accolade in footy, screw awards like the Brownlow and All Australian that the media love to lap up, leave those awards for flagless flogs like Dangerfield to rack up.

Meatball is truly elite now that he has won a Best and Fairest in a premiership year.

Best and Fairest in a premiership year is the highest individual accolade in footy, screw awards like the Brownlow and All Australian that the media love to lap up, leave those awards for flagless flogs like Dangerfield to rack up.

Meatball is truly elite now that he has won a Best and Fairest in a premiership year.
Agreed. As good as it gets

I agree that BF in a Premiership year/Team is the highest individual accolade in Footy...bloody good effort by the 'human meatball' considering all the pre-season training he has previously missed out on and playing with discomfit!
Such an unassuming champion! Up there with Houli, Cotch, Dusty as a Richmond Man! Well done meatball you were my smokey for the Brownlow but it appears those dumb maggotts as per usual are a year behind...just like they were with Cotchin! Brownlown nek year! ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people still think he has s**t disposal? I reckon he tidied it right up this year to the point of being one of our better users. Regularly hit our forwards lace out on the burst.

Getting over his knee injuries. From memory Emma Quayle said he would have gone 1 if he were 10cm taller and was a really high quality user.

it's kind of funny to see how this thread was going great guns when Goldust, TRIB etc were potting Prestia non-stop for the first ~120 pages, but then it slows down in direct reverse proportion to the value he applied to this team from the 2017 finals series through to now. :) <3 the meatball.

it's kind of funny to see how this thread was going great guns when Goldust, TRIB etc were potting Prestia non-stop for the first ~120 pages, but then it slows down in direct reverse proportion to the value he applied to this team from the 2017 finals series through to now. :) QUOTE]Is that Goldust still around? Nearly got me banned as a newbie coz of his dickhead posting.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reading back all the discussion about giving up pick #6 for Dion, and how we over paid and missed out on the pick and a possible gun mid.
Looking back through players taken at #6 and beyond in 2016, the next guy that was taken and looks like an ace was number 29, and that was Shai Bolton and we got him anyway.

Plus we did get a gun mid for #6

His name is Dion Prestia.

Dion is one player I always had faith in from day one, he was always going.to be that hard ball getter we needed in the middle and I was confident that once the knee fully healed his disposal would match his ball getting ability.

Happy to say he has exceeded my expectations.

There were a few Richmond supporters that were on his case as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back