Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia

Remove this Banner Ad

What also disgusts me are the dickheads on social media legit tagging the media scum to get Dion in trouble because let's face it they'd both love to see another Richmond player or someone of note in trouble. It's disgusting that this is our generation now. Dobbing ppl in trivial stuff like this . We have become a nation of dobbers.

If he did nothing wrong, why are people making such a big deal out of this man. Far out, they got me all worked up for nothing. I sincerely apologise to Dion for my assumptions.

The drama when a Richmond player is involved in things like this is over-the-top and ridiculous.
That's good of you to admit you are wrong. And yes sadly with us it will always be over the top people should know this by now .Let's be honest the fact we are even discussing about a man going to get takeaway is what pisses me off. Just let the guy have his bloody food

Do our players not understand COVID restrictions or do they just not care? Otherwise, why does this happen so much more than some other teams?

If anyone defends Dion, one of the big reasons why we are in this soft cap position is because of fines associated with COVID breaches. The league takes it seriously and then we hear about this? Like c’mon Dion.

Regardless of whether we or the players agree with the restrictions or not, the fact is that this will reflect badly on the club and we’ve copped enough already for things like that.
MY point entirely , expected much more from pres , ffs the season end is a week away

Based on the explanation provided, silly more than anything I think. If he's found to have breached state COVID restrictions then throw whatever is in that book at him, but don't think he's done anything to warrant the league to step in.

Happy to read that his story is plausible.
Still think it was silly to pose for the photo. His mates did him no favours in tagging him in it with the tag line "Pub Crawl.. tensions are high in this town, and on the same day that we went into extended lockdown with curfews again, I admit that I jumped to conclusions early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to read that his story is plausible.
Still think it was silly to pose for the photo. His mates did him no favours in tagging him in it with the tag line "Pub Crawl.. tensions are high in this town, and on the same day that we went into extended lockdown with curfews again, I admit that I jumped to conclusions early.
If there is a lesson to learn again here, it is not to jump to conclusions without the full information in front of us.

WTF? What the hell are you talking about? Expected what? Do you know the full story or are you going off one (clearly) photoshopped image? Why don't you hear the full explanation before making up sh*t like "expected much more form pres"? I can't stand it when people make comments with less than 1% of the story at their disposal! Of all people, you should know better than going off half-cocked Bo!
I’ll be happy to be proven completely incorrect and it’s looking that way. I know peeps close to pres and family and have heard nothing but generosity and kindness that’s why I expected more than what appeared on face value

I’ll be happy to be proven completely incorrect and it’s looking that way. I know peeps close to pres and family and have heard nothing but generosity and kindness that’s why I expected more than what appeared on face value
That's fine Bo but we shouldn't be making comments until we hear both sides of the argument. Image manipulation aside, how would our courts be if juries started voting without listening to the defence? It is just not good enough.

Im just bloody grateful it was not Sydney Stack

What a mess that would have become

What also disgusts me are the dickheads on social media legit tagging the media scum to get Dion in trouble because let's face it they'd both love to see another Richmond player or someone of note in trouble. It's disgusting that this is our generation now. Dobbing ppl in trivial stuff like this . We have become a nation of dobbers.
UnAustralian !!!!!

The s**t that has come out of all the Handbaggers mouths on the MB is music to my ears …. You just know they will never get over being flogged in the only game that matters ….. I hope the 67 & 2020 premierships haunt them for their whole miserable lives …. Big statement here … the Handbaggers have just about tipped the blues scum as the most vile club in history

Media is slowly but surely turning into absolute hot garbage. Click bait is in. Actual news is out.

Not sure why this even makes news? Who even cares? Does anyone actually consider this a serious issue even if there were any truth to it?

Worst case, If he infringed club rules by being out to grab his take away or had a bevie or two when he shouldn't have, then let the club look into it and provide the penalty (if any).

Not sure why every little thing needs to become a storm in a teacup these days.

Media have lost the plot and just create their own storylines.
Step 1) Post photo, insinuate the worst.
Step 2) Follow up first post immediately with 2nd article that club is not responding and silent on the issue.
Step 3) Follow up Step 2 with article summarizing the poor culture of the club, citing previous pointless articles as evidence of this hypothesis.
Step 4) Archive this pointless exercise ready to be at your fingertips next time a pointless thing comes through your emails.

Its all a bit derivative and amateurish in my opinion.

Most important thing we have to fix over this off-season is to ensure this star plays more than 10-12 games a year. In my opinion, he’s easily one of our most important players, and we are so much better when Dion is on the park!!
They managed to fix Grimes early career hamstring issues, Pies fixed DeGoey and even Nathan Freeman and their hammy issues. We need this bloke more than ever Tigers, do whatever it takes

Most important thing we have to fix over this off-season is to ensure this star plays more than 10-12 games a year. In my opinion, he’s easily one of our most important players, and we are so much better when Dion is on the park!!
They managed to fix Grimes early career hamstring issues, Pies fixed DeGoey and even Nathan Freeman and their hammy issues. We need this bloke more than ever Tigers, do whatever it takes

I'm bracing to see asimilar amount, if not less, of the likes of Prestia, Edwards and Nankervis ... the signs are there that wear and tear has caught up with them. Sadly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back