Traded #32: Travis Colyer - traded to Freo for future 4th rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah agreed, Frawley is actually very fast in straight line running and he ran smart as well cutting off the angles whereas Colyer was running on the outside track. If that had been Gibson instead probably would have been a different result. Still worth a try anyway - happy for him to take whoever on in that position because when he gets through its really potent.
I think had Colyer known how quick Frawley could be he'd have approached the situation differently and relied more on his agility to get around Frawley earlier rather than waiting until he'd been corralled

Don't like making big deals about solitary incidents but I reckon that bump he put on in the first quarter was a significant indication that he is an improved player.

I don't know if his fitness will ever be greater than what it is right now and I don't mind. His impact in the first 15 minutes of the game was sublime. Really set the tone of taking the game on.

I know he got a lot of the ball, but his defensive pressure was non-existent tonight.
Not a fan of it, needs to tackle and harass like he did against Hawthorn.

I know he got a lot of the ball, but his defensive pressure was non-existent tonight.
Not a fan of it, needs to tackle and harass like he did against Hawthorn.
To be fair, it wasn't really a played on the outside kind of game. It was a, inside mid grab ball smash it forward kind of game.

For he (Colyer) to have 27 is reward for the hard work he put in to link up for the team. The goal was icing on the top for his overall game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he had a pretty good crack and came out with some reasonable results. It's promising that he's been able to feature across four quarters more often this season, but also that he's putting in more of an effort without the ball (5 tackles tonight).

Previously Trav would have gone into his shell in a pasting, but he just got better and better. He was enormous in our third quarter and finally put his pace to use on more than one occasion and most importantly also ran defensively and tackled hard. Consistency is the key, needs to back it up.

It was like having Boomer Harvey in our team tonight.
whoa-there.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back