Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Longmire said around 8th round they know the trend it’s going m

I still think it it will all come back a peg

Yep, we won't be allowed to play like this all year. Or at least teams will find a way to stop us being as good as we are currently. Nobody gets it their own way for 22 rounds. Good thing is that Longmire can easily call back to a more defensive gamestyle which, although we might not like it, is handy to have as another mode to switch to if need be.

Yep, we won't be allowed to play like this all year. Or at least teams will find a way to stop us being as good as we are currently. Nobody gets it their own way for 22 rounds. Good thing is that Longmire can easily call back to a more defensive gamestyle which, although we might not like it, is handy to have as another mode to switch to if need be.
It’s a long season and a combination of injuries and sore bodies will also have an impact.
One positive however, is our new style of play has far less impact than the manic defensive pressure the players have usually had to deal with.

And Michael Osborne. I remember one night at the 'G where Osborne went every step Malceski did and really took him out of the game.

If Dawson starts getting tagged - which I'd say is tricky because he's taller and would ideally play on third talls so oppositions might have to drop a tall forward of theirs to make the tag fit - it'd be a great opportunity for Campbell to increase his ball use.

If Dawson gets a tag he should use that (likely) height difference to push up to the wing and present a marking target for Campbell, Lloyd and co.

I was a bit worried he wouldn’t fully find his niche, but this season he’s got a clear purpose and his execution is sublime.

The best Sydney teams always seem to have that elite HB player. Tadhg Kennelly, Malceski and Dawson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I must admit I always thought the wing would be the best position for him, where he could float back and intercept without having to be so accountable, but also float forward for a 55m goal.

He struggled early last season with teams trying to isolate him to force him to defend an opponent, which lead to him being moved around the ground a lot to bring him back into games.

After seeing him live on the weekend, I was really impressed with his defensive game. He was getting across to help out his teammates with spoils and pressure, but it was great to see his intercept game back too. He's renowned for his left peg but I thought early days (playing wing) his ability to read the play and intercept was as much a weapon, one which we didn't see as much of last year.

He really set the tone on the weekend. Long may it continue

One kick in I saw Lloyd grab it and wave off Dawson. That needs to stop
Rereading some of the early stuff in this thread it's safe to say the 2015 Swansujelly would be disgusted in this comment haha.

Lloyd may be trying to protect his place of slight superiority... He could also be trying to be a leader & mix it up or hit Dawson higher up the ground perhaps? We don't know.

Rereading some of the early stuff in this thread it's safe to say the 2015 Swansujelly would be disgusted in this comment haha.

Lloyd may be trying to protect his place of slight superiority... He could also be trying to be a leader & mix it up or hit Dawson higher up the ground perhaps? We don't know.
we've all said things we regret

(Log in to remove this ad.)

50 games up this weekend and generic brief comment from him on his contract.

"It has been a long time coming, six years. The first 10 [games] were pretty hard, but since then I feel like I've really found my feet,” Dawson said.

"For me it's just playing good footy and leaving [the contract] up to my manager and the club.
"I love it here and I love the boys, so it's just about continuing to try and play good footy and let that talk.”

And good to see the support for Sam Naismith's return in the VFL;

"We'll be up in the stands after the game and watching. It'll be awesome to see Sam back out there," Jordan Dawson told reporters on Thursday.

"For me it's just playing good footy and leaving [the contract] up to my manager and the club.

"I love it here and I love the boys, so it's just about continuing to try and play good footy and let that talk.”

Given what you'd expect from someone who hasn't signed yet, that's about as clear as it gets that his preference is to stay given the club comes to the party with something reasonable.

Given what you'd expect from someone who hasn't signed yet, that's about as clear as it gets that his preference is to stay given the club comes to the party with something reasonable.

That is not a lock.

It sounds like his agent is waiting to bump Dawson's value up, and why wouldn't he.
Sure. That's his job.

I don't know the full TPP situation but I imagine Buddy's coming retirement is going to ease some pressure come 2023 and the club could backend a 3 year deal for Dawson. They might go looking for another big fish but there's a lot of young talent on the list and they would be better placed securing players like Dawson as a priority.

Last edited:
Sure. That's his job.

I don't know the full TPP situation but I imagine Buddy's coming retirement is going to ease some pressure come 2023 and the club could backend a 3 year deal for Dawson. They might go looking for another big fish but there's a lot of young talent on the list and they would be better placed securing players like Dawson as a priority.

PLenty of talent with us now who might be worthy of good coin.
Not only Buddy, but also Kennedy coming to career end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back