Wacky Tiger

Parmy
Aug 26, 2004
Country SA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies, Sturt, Rockets
The players grand final recollections and here is our only premiership debutant this year :)

How could you not love this bloke. Seems a deep thinker. Amazing to think what his ceiling might be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wallaby

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
I still think Balta has huge potential as a mobile ruckman. I'm happy for him to stay in defense for a couple more years with occasional runs on the ball to stir things up if required.
I still think he could almost be worth a shot as CHF-type. We may need a Jack replacement very soon - not sure about Chol just now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I still think Balta has huge potential as a mobile ruckman. I'm happy for him to stay in defense for a couple more years with occasional runs on the ball to stir things up if required.
I still think he could almost be worth a shot as CHF-type. We may need a Jack replacement very soon - not sure about Chol just now.
balta forward IMHO

4tune8

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
He certainly was a POD when used in the ruck, as he was when moved forward.

I guess it comes down to rotations and match ups. For instance, if the backline can cover the oppo forwards without him and Nank needs a rest then use him in the ruck. If the oppo defense is a little undersized or slow then him being taken by the 3rd best defender is a win, particularly if Dusty is in the mix there too (even if he's not)

Looks like we might go into next year with just the one ruck, initially at least. It looked ok with Lynch providing the chop out forward, Astbury down back with Balta taking centre bounces when Nank needed a rest or was playing as that intercepting mark in the backline.

TJTIGER

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2009
Hanging on to MONKEY"S cloud.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC AFLW/VFL, Furies-2015 Premiers
4xBeasts...(last coulda been menadue!!!)

Noah kicked it about 10m back from the corner of the centre square and it drops about 5m short of the goal line. That's gotta be 65 plus metre kick from Noah......😲omg!....

Remove this Banner Ad