Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

What a ******* legend.

Did Brown ever say this??

“That’s my role … to kick goals. I only converted one unfortunately but I’ll keep trying to kick goals.

“I know my ability is there, and I’m an AFL player … I’m really excited for the future and what the boys can do.”

With Eddie Ford making his starting debut against Geelong in Round 20, David Noble says the selection pressure within North’s list is a good problem to have.

“The one we really liked that we think will probably stay in the side is Eddie Ford. We really liked his game last week and we’re pretty sure we’re able to maintain him in the team,” Noble said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he plays the final two games, the were some fine moments today mixed in with a few moments where his lack of experience played a part in his decision making. The talent is there, he looks more than capable in the coming years of playing an important part in NMFC's premiership aspirations.

With his height, athleticism and kicking depth I'd love have a look at him behind the ball in a 3rd defensive tall role where he could zone off and take intercept marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back