Player Watch #41: Blake Drury - 17d/2 goals vs Geelong - keeps his spot vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to clarify, I loved Blake's role today, played a really solid game.

I can't remember the last really.solid game that Bull played. Bulls a great player, don't get me wrong, but he has had a very slow start - again
Last time he went hard at the ball was running into Bitch Francis in Hobart last year

Based on today Drury should be offered that because of the growth of wisdom he definitely got from travelling with Clarko along with Sheez and Wardlaw.

The more our young players start showing us the right way we should be playing, the more I'm going to come hard for our senior players. Everyone else should be doing the same. Not good enough.
great post, last bit deserves emphasising,

i remember him getting dragged last year from the fwd line and the bloke literally sprinted from the field,

My first though was sheesh what a great attitude as many other would have tossed the toys out of the cot Colonal Sanders style, and given he absorbing all the positive energy he can from sheeza make me think this kid has the hunger. gets another crack and appears to have grasped it with both hands.

great post, last bit deserves emphasising,

i remember him getting dragged last year from the fwd line and the bloke literally sprinted from the field,

My first though was sheesh what a great attitude as many other would have tossed the toys out of the cot Colonal Sanders style, and given he absorbing all the positive energy he can from sheeza make me think this kid has the hunger. gets another crack and appears to have grasped it with both hands.
The difference between 'near enough is good enough' aka '12 wins' and 'I want to be the best I can be' aka 'I want a flag'.

The collective standards of the group have to lift but thus far I've only seen that from blokes that haven't fallen into the mould of mediocrity. The sad thing is that I'm not even asking much of our senior players. We just need them to do the basics right.

Something tells me that Clarko is eventually going to lose faith in our senior players and go all-out young. This sounds tragic but it might just about be the reality for us.

Nice game. Based on that he's an option across half-forward rather than an opportunist as his size might've suggested.
Possibly a Leigh Adams replacement/Neal-Bullen/Lambert connecting HF type.

It's helpful and he did well. Just means we separately need an opportunist to emerge.
I think we made need to look at a ready made opportunist, rather then spending a high draft pick on speculative small.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good game. One of many players that if we can just scrounge at a minimum a solid 100+ game career from it will help immensely. We need every player under 23 to be putting claims in at VFL level that demand replacement of some very average senior options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back