Player Watch #41: Blake Drury - 17d/2 goals vs Geelong - keeps his spot vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Never really talked about Drury. Gives me Dayne Zorko vibes as his best possible outcome.

Confirmed, Blake was on our draft board

I said earlier we were always going to take him with our 1st pick today if he wasn’t selected in the draft.

Hopefully he’s right around the range of our Port pick.

Forget his height, he’s like if Stephen Milne was much faster and more agile than Charlie Cameron.

No defender in the AFL will want to be anywhere near him in an empty F50.

He’s the stuff of nightmares for anything but the quickest AFL defenders and even then, anyone with his pace won’t have anywhere near the same agility and center of gravity to stay with him. He just turns on a dime and explodes with regularity.

He should be the nailed on #1, even ahead of Reid, but he won’t because of the 169cm.

He will kick 3.5-4 goals per game next year in the NAB league.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget his height, he’s like if Stephen Milne was much faster and more agile than Charlie Cameron.

No defender in the AFL will want to be anywhere near him in an empty F50.

He’s the stuff of nightmares for anything but the quickest AFL defenders and even then, anyone with his pace won’t have anywhere near the same agility and center of gravity to stay with him. He just turns on a dime and explodes with regularity.

He should be the nailed on #1, even ahead of Reid, but he won’t because of the 169cm.

He will kick 3.5-4 goals per game next year in the NAB league.

I love this post and totally agree.

Every man and his dog talking about Harley Reid and rightly, but Nick Watson is something else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back