41 days on, and do you know what sh!#$ me?!*

Remove this Banner Ad

Being beaten by a so called better side doesn't make it OK. By the way, I think we were favorites coming into the GF.
We stayed within the $1.70-$1.75 range all week, so yes we were definitely favourites.

Fairly spewing. That burst in the last quarter was only broken up by then throwing a freebie to Vardy straight out of the ruck. One of those moments where you just sense the air go out of the balloon. Even after Coxy's effort, they seemed to have their tails up, but to not pay the Ryan hold, even when it took a good kick from Sheed, in the last few minutes, was putrid.

I dreamed about it for a good fortnight afterwards, every night, every time we won. Had one dream I was being heckled by Eagles fans. Absolute flogs those people.

I am either sensing, or hoping with delusions of grandeur, that 2019 we go one better. We did bloody well to make the big dance. But that doesn't mean I will be doing the review of it any time.....EVER.

Mate I reckon that ruck free against Grundy in the last was a worse call then the non free to Maynard but didn’t get much publicity. It seemed to be extremely soft and to be honest looked pre planned by the umpire

Even watching the Prelim is hard because it meant nothing in the end.

It meant that the arrogant mouthing-off Tiges supporters went home with their tails between their legs.
In their minds they had one hand on the premiership cup before the game even started.
And then they got rammed by the Pies.

The last 2 mins of the 1st quarter cost us the game. They couldn't find a goal until rioli's accidental soccer goal. Then they get another quick one from the centre bounce before quarter time. that's the difference between a 28 pt lead at 1/4 time and a 17 pt lead. Massive in the context of a game like that. But you have to admire the eagles. What a performance to win a flag away from home conceding a 5 goal start without nic nat , gaff and shephard who is a very underrated player that is vital for them. In reality they were all over us in the 2nd half. But they wouldn't have made up the extra 2 goals had we led by 5 at 1/4 time

Just need to take our chances when they present. and they will present again soon. We already have the best midfield and the best all round ruckman in the comp, and we have added beams to the mix. At some stage, the injury gods have to smile on us too. A fit elliott would make our forward line even more potent in 2019. We will finish top 4 despite what appears a tough draw on paper, and from there it comes down to matchups and performing on the day

Mate I reckon that ruck free against Grundy in the last was a worse call then the non free to Maynard but didn’t get much publicity. It seemed to be extremely soft and to be honest looked pre planned by the umpire
Same umpire and he did it all game. I was continually appalled by his bad decisions and non-decisions

I was in the pocket next to their cheer squad and had a good view of a lot of them

Still have not recovered

Even watching the Prelim is hard because it meant nothing in the end.
It meant something to me after listening to Richmond supporters in Round 19 discussing their Grand Final celebration arrangements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2oid13.jpg

Stopped momentum

That Grundy ruck free was the moment for me too.

yeh same, can't bring myself to watch any footy at the moment or since the day, a workmate ( Collingwood supporter) brought up the GF the other day and I had to shut him down

"sorry can't talk about it"

I'd be kidding myself if I say it doesn't still hurt. What upsets me more than anything is the thought of our players not being premiership stars.

I hated the way we handled the build up to the week. Far too much media crap. Ed going at it with Caroline Wilson for eg.

My gut tells me we just expected things to happen with our selections.. eyes closed and hope for the best. Goes to show.. you need to be on the ball all the f time.

Good to see Bucks adopt the 'give the players more freedom to make their decisions.' f the micro management.. empower the players to do as they see fit re. Best policy.. been an advocate of this s**t for yrs now re.

I’ve watched the last quarter a few times

The injury to Howe was a major reason we didn’t prevail
He couldn’t leap to spoil the Vardy mark and couldn’t exert enough pressure in a contest that lead to the Kennedy goal. He also couldn’t kick more than 40 yards when trying to clear out from defensive 50.

Another problem in the last quarter was over possession of the football in the centre square. We won the footy at every centre bounce and when we went immediately forward the first two times it was goal goal
After that we stuffed around each time and then lost possession

Ive watched the granny since. It hurts to think how well we played and still lost.

Even the fact we were up with 2 mins on the clock. End of the day we cant do much other than hope we get back and win one.

Hawks lost 1 and won 3 on the trot, Eagles lost in 2015 and tasted success in 2018. It happens.

Ive watched the granny since. It hurts to think how well we played and still lost.

Even the fact we were up with 2 mins on the clock. End of the day we cant do much other than hope we get back and win one.

Hawks lost 1 and won 3 on the trot, Eagles lost in 2015 and tasted success in 2018. It happens.
I think it will happen next year, as long as we adapt to the zones

I think it will happen next year, as long as we adapt to the zones

We have the team to go close, or at least do very well in the next 3 years.

Most players in the top 100? Pies win, Swans in bottom five

Nathan Buckley's team is the only one to boast 10 players in the top 100 Official AFL Player Ratings.

The Magpies' perfect 10 comprises All Australian ruckman Brodie Grundy (No.4), midfielders Adam Treloar (18), Scott Pendlebury (21), Steele Sidebottom (28), Taylor Adams (31), defenders Jack Crisp (44) and Jeremy Howe (61), ex-Lion Beams (65), wingman Tom Phillips (87) and emerging star Jordan de Goey (90)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back