Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

reminds me of a tallish young Archer.

wishing-girl.jpg

Don't pot the kid too early. He's got brute strength, size and can clunk marks. If he could run all day, kick it like Jarman and find it like Diesel he'd go top 5. There's a reason he's a rookie pick and I think he's the big bodied midfielder we were waiting to draft. Like to see what he can do when we get his tank up to scratch.
Assuming he can get his tank up to scratch, that seems to be the main knock on him. Not overly blessed with pace, but not Cunners slow I guess.

After playing junior footy at Melville, Zurhaar made his way through East Fremantle’s talent pathway as a 14-year-old, before playing his first game of colts as a 16 year old in season 2014. After two years of playing First XV111 with Wesley, Zurhaar came in to the 2016 season on a more permanent basis and was a member of the WA State Academy’s summer training program. A couple of solid early season performances saw him added to the State 18’s list, however an ankle injury in round 4 saw Zurhaar miss a number of games. With strong determination and dedication to his rehab program, he managed to get himself up for the championship fixtures in the middle part of the year. Zurhaar managed 10 games for East Fremantle’s colts, booting 8 goals and collecting 166 disposals. Renowned for his strong attack on the ball and excellent marking skills, Zurhaar by season’s end showed his versatility by playing up forward, but also through the midfield. He was then offered a National Combine positioned where he placed third in the running vertical jump.

There are three major things i look for in a young player, courage, hands and smarts then from there i will break it down to kicking, pace etc etc. What i like about this kid is that in every play he was the creator, he makes things happen. His little handballs in congestion were Cunners like in their deftness and creation of space, you cant teach that s**t, that's inate.

Get this bloke's fitness up to scratch and playing him half back. With his attack on the ball, his hands and his courage with a penchant fpr a bit of a dash, he'd make a ripping attacking HB. Like this one, something about him.

May have a winner here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree , it's one thing to enjoy physical side of the game but he has a bit of size And power . Give him a bit of time and he will be able to burst through and or stand up in tackles and feed handballs off . Similar to Josh Kennedy ... fingers crossed

Good size for an 18 year old. Really hope we can develop him as a mid he'd be a weapon around the ground with his field kicking and overhead marking! Always good that he likes the rough and tumble side of afl

What a freaking beast in the making. We've been crying out for a player who just looks like an awkward bull in a china shop for quite some time, hopefully this guy will help compliment Ziebell's efforts and hopefully release more creative mids from contests

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back