AFL Autopsy 5 goal loss to Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a cracker of a first half, but got out run in the second. Didn’t have any luck run our way either, with the bounce of the ball, knock ons etc.

Draper was good and will be better for the run, his form and fitness will be pivotal in our results.

I thought most of the kids did OK under serious heat - Durham, Perkins, Tsatas, Cox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heeney had the ball. He tried to fend and stuffed it up. It wasn’t off the ball. Did you even see it before making this comment?
You're talking about a completely different incident. You're thinking of his high fend on Gresham.

Heeney ran the ball over, then had a swinging left hand a couple of seconds after into Hind's face.

Heeney had the ball. He tried to fend and stuffed it up. It wasn’t off the ball. Did you even see it before making this comment?
The ironic thing is I don’t think you saw the actual incident before making your comment 😝

I’m just glad that it was an entertaining game. I was certain we were gonna get smashed from the opening bounce.

Sydney’s field kicking and their transition is second to none. They will go far in 2024.

Obviously we weren’t perfect but I was rather happy with that performance honestly.

Heeney saying that Essendon played “unfairly at times” tonight.

I thought his backhander to Hind would get him a week after the Redman precedent?

Yep massive sook. The only thing Essendon did that was dirty was Draper with his late hit.

You can say the same about The Cats, but I think those clubs just have very high quality football programs and they do really well with picks in the draft/trade etc.
That's all it is, both those clubs have been able to get great value out of late picks, they trade astutely (probably helps that there's a lot of players willing to sign with them), they develop players well, and when they do get a chance at the pointy end of the draft they tend to nail it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For sure we are one of the worst at conceding scores per inside 50?

Clean up that, the oppo coast to coast transition and conceding oppo marks inside 50 and we’re on our way.

I’d also like our team to look as dangerous i50 as oppo teams look like against us.

I thought his backhander to Hind would get him a week after the Redman precedent?
Such a bunch of whiny campaigners that team

And Papley said "you need to do it for 4 quarters" regarding Essendon's "toughness".

He's not wrong, but I hope we take them down when we play them next.

I’m just glad that it was an entertaining game. I was certain we were gonna get smashed from the opening bounce.

Sydney’s field kicking and their transition is second to none. They will go far in 2024.

Obviously we weren’t perfect but I was rather happy with that performance honestly.
They might go far in 2024, they might not. It's round 2 and it's a long season.

That's all it is, both those clubs have been able to get great value out of late picks, they trade astutely (probably helps that there's a lot of players willing to sign with them), they develop players well, and when they do get a chance at the pointy end of the draft they tend to nail it

We can’t really say that Dodoro and the recruiting/development departments have come close to doing that either. To be fair.

every england cricket team words from heeny & co.

no one likes sore losers, everyone hates sore winners. they're a team of grubs but they're better on the day.

so it goes, we got exposed, we need ridley back ASAP.

what was good was good, what was bad was atrocious. lavs needs to go

Difference between a team in the middle of their premiership window and a team still rebuilding. We made a fight. That's all we want. A win would be great but no complaints. Good performance.

Except for Hind. Why we persist with him I don't know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back