AFL Autopsy 4 point loss to the powa

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah throwing it on the boot without a target in mind made no sense
We had so many around and behind the ball that a quick kick was almost certain to be a turnover. We kicked it to the wrong guy on the wrong night, but in saying that it could have been Farrell, McKenzie, Burton or Bonner and any of them were also a good chance to kick it.

One thing all the best teams do is manipulate the rules in there own favour. Be it slipping the arm up, ("not") ducking the head, the holds and blocks.

We really do play nice football, until the going gets tough we don't have that extra gear to get us over the line in tough situations. Another commendable loss when the game was there for us to win.

Oh and the absolute wank fest for Butters, Rozzee, Dixon, Finlayson was another week of putrid disgusting biased commentary.

Shock horror, AFL football in open space hits up team mate. Yep, who'd have thought??!?!?
The one that pissed me off in the last 2 minutes was when Caldwell did a fantastic tackle against Byrne Jones anround the midriff and Luke Darcy is saying was it too high?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one that pissed me off in the last 2 minutes was when Caldwell did a fantastic tackle against Byrne Jones anround the midriff and Luke Darcy is saying was it too high?
I don't know if it is just me but it genuinely feels like every week it is anti Essendon from the commentary box

genuinely baffling what is said sometimes

I don't know if it is just me but it genuinely feels like every week it is anti Essendon from the commentary box

genuinely baffling what is said sometimes
Well you knew at the start when they have Brad Johnson and Dixon which side of the fence they are going to be on. God Bless Eddie Betts he is to good for that mob. You are right though there is a definite bias there. Ex players should be better than that.

Another melt I’m going to have and I don’t usually have a go at the umpires but there was this incident against Peter Wright (and I know there was few) push in the back that Alir Alir did to Poite that have me livid. Just both hands in the back as hard as he could.

Well you knew at the start when they have Brad Johnson and Dixon which side of the fence they are going to be on. God Bless Eddie Betts he is to good for that mob. You are right though there is a definite bias there. Ex players should be better than that.
The wank fest that is against Essendon astounds me though. Any chance of having a balanced point of view for once. Even Jobe.

The wank fest that is against Essendon astounds me though. Any chance of having a balanced point of view for once. Even Jobe.
They are all the same people who tried to kick us to death when we were going through the saga. It’s hilarious watching them sometimes try to make an objective analysis of us when you know deep down there is no love there.

Afl media is actually a joke. For starters how many ex players just always commentator their former clubs games. Which means half the the time they’re semi barracking for them/ or never give needed criticism of players.

I care more about 4 premiership points than winning any clearance, contested possession etc stat
Same here obviously
Just thought it was an interesting note, with how often good sides smash us around the ball, hence why we’ve been talking about getting big bodies inside mid for the last 6 years.

Afl media is actually a joke. For starters how many ex players just always commentator their former clubs games. Which means half the the time they’re semi barracking for them/ or never give needed criticism of players.
Yeah the problem is they wear their hearts on their sleeves. But I also think it’s a culture thing. I think Fox has a bad culture.

Same here obviously
Just thought it was an interesting note, with how often good sides smash us around the ball, hence why we’ve been talking about getting big bodies inside mid for the last 6 years.
someone like eth-dog will correct me but pretty sure Melbourne or Geelong won the flag on the back of regularly losing the clearance count

Another melt I’m going to have and I don’t usually have a go at the umpires but there was this incident against Peter Wright (and I know there was few) push in the back that Alir Alir did to Poite that have me livid. Just both hands in the back as hard as he could.
was that in the third quarter?

Pretty blatant free kick missed by the umpire where Peter had his arm AND his jumper pulled by MCKenzie and no call.

Would have been an easy shot on goal, a converted shot would have put us up by 13 points if it is the one you were talking about

Remove this Banner Ad

Back