Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Knew I could count on two idiots bagging this guy after being our ONLY pick in the 22 under 22 team.

Well done Scotty, you've had a great season.

I don't believe I am an idiot for having my opinion on Scott.

I think he has to improve and be far better with ball in hand, I also love his hard running and repeat efforts, however people thinking they feel entitled to call other North people "idiots" due to a mere disagreement on a players ability/output is disappointing.

I don't believe I am an idiot for having my opinion on Scott.

I think he has to improve and be far better with ball in hand, I also love his hard running and repeat efforts, however people thinking they feel entitled to call other North people "idiots" due to a mere disagreement on a players ability/output is disappointing.
I dont beleive your an idiot either, incorrect maybe. Scott is the least of our issues and a decent example of a player who has all the right attributes. Possibly he wont win a norm smith, a coleman or even a brownlow but neither did carey. But when we are contending again in hopefully 2 or 3 years time he will be well and truly in the frame.

I dont beleive your an idiot either, incorrect maybe. Scott is the least of our issues and a decent example of a player who has all the right attributes. Possibly he wont win a norm smith, a coleman or even a brownlow but neither did carey. But when we are contending again in hopefully 2 or 3 years time he will be well and truly in the frame.

I may well be incorrect. It is a forum for opinion, we all want North and players to succeed, and I also doubt a poster here as always been correct or always incorrect. But I believe in backing yourself in with the right intentions.

Yes I agree with what Scott can and hopefully does provide. I might be a bit harsh on Scott as I was hoping for more I guess (like I still do with McDonald) and that is my issue not his as you rightly point out.

Have no idea where Scott is as an AFL footballer.
Sure, he’s getting 20 touches a game now which is nice.
But really, even if he got 30 touches a game, would it impact the result?

Seems to continually take the easy option with his disposal. The 20m chip kick being his specialty.

Hopefully a new coach can get the best out of him.

Have no idea where Scott is as an AFL footballer.
Sure, he’s getting 20 touches a game now which is nice.
But really, even if he got 30 touches a game, would it impact the result?

Seems to continually take the easy option with his disposal. The 20m chip kick being his specialty.

Hopefully a new coach can get the best out of him.
His disposal was shaky earlier in the year to say the least. Perhaps he has been asked to take those options for now? With a better forward set up he should improve this.

Another solid game from one of our hardest workers. Moves well on the wing, knows how to spread and really should have kicked that goal in the last to cap off a good game.

I really like where he is headed.

Agree. Was probably the hardest runner remaining on the ground when all the rotations stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not saying he is a superstar or ever going to be. He's a hard worker and gets the most out of himself every week.
That’s a garbage comment. I’m sorry. But it is.
I’m sick of guys positions being justified because they try their hardest.
Every one of us on here would try our hardest if we were playing for NM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He clearly polarises us and that's fine.

I see more Atley (battler) than Schwass (gun) but sure, if others think he will be a star and elite then go for it. I hope he can be!

Let's revisit in 5 years.

I'm confident he will not be a Brownlow medallist or even best and fairest in that timeframe.

I see more Atley (battler) than Schwass (gun) but sure, if others think he will be a star and elite then go for it. I hope he can be!

I'm confident he will not be a Brownlow medallist or even best and fairest in that timeframe.
Not every player in the 22 is going to be a dual premiership, multiple AA, 250 game+ champion. There will be role players in the most star studded premiership sides. Bailey is becoming more than a role player.

Of course he won't be a Brownlow winner mate. He could very well end up a serviceable player in a good team. You need at least half a dozen of those.

Update thread title:

Bailey Scott - Brownlow or Busted Ass

Who ever said he would be as good as Schwass or win a Brownlow? 🤦🏻‍♂️

His season averages are great reading. Possessions, 1%ers, meters gained, and intercepts are all career best. Clanger average is the lowest it's been since his 4 game debut season.

Yes he could be more damaging, but at the very least his running power and ability to play within his limitations have noticeably improved this year. Considering he did have a shakey start to the year and that the team has performed like pure shite for the majority of the time it's a very good sign. Is the type of player who would be better once he has more team mates ahead of him running just as hard and presenting as an option.

I started the year agreeing with some of tZ's criticisms but right now Bailey is holding his spot on his own merits and clearly projecting in the right direction.

He is not a very good player though.

LDU is. And has improvement.

That is the whole point Arjen. I'm happy to wait but this quality footballer you see I doubt will happen.

More Atley/Macmillan than LDU/Cunners.

ps: his Dad was a very ordinary footballer.
I feel as though you are looking at this with binary glasses. Players aren’t either superstar Brownlow medalists or spuds. There is myriad variation in skill, application, toughness, smarts, durability, fitness. No one player has 10/10 in each of these.

Bailey is probably an 8 or 9 in some of these, while being a 4-5 in others. It is what any reasonable fan would expect from a sub-100 game player.

Move on. Maybe try to see the benefit that players are bringing. We are down and the only way is up. If you don’t try to see the small victories now, you are in for a world of pain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back