Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Great get and welcome aboard.

With our luck GCS use one of their 5 picks before ours out of spite to bid on him.

In the real word the kid is a mid to late second rounder. Once he fills out can see him being a good player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Father/Son prospect Bailey Scott has nominated North Melbourne as his club of choice ahead of the 2018 NAB National Draft.

Scott was available to North and Geelong as a Father/Son selection and to the Gold Coast as an academy player.

“I understand it’s a draft and I have not been guaranteed by North Melbourne that I will be selected by them, although if things go to plan as they perceive the draft will unfold then North Melbourne will select me,” the 18-year-old said.

“I was asked to make a decision sooner due to the trade period starting, so over the weekend I went through the process.”

Scott’s father, Robert, played 113 games for North and was a member of its 1996 premiership side

“If things work out and I end up at North Melbourne it would be exciting to have the opportunity to play at North Melbourne where my father played in a premiership.

“My education is important to me and the potential opportunities to study in my selected field in Melbourne were attractive.

“All three clubs were terrific to me throughout this period. I can’t thank them enough.”
This kid will go places. Humble, smart, switched on but most importantly - he gets North and he gets footy.
Willing to move down from QLD to Melbourne and begin his dream of playing AFL in a big city like Melbourne.
Takes balls to do that and shows that nothing is too much for him.

Would have been involved in and bought into the Suns footy program too so this really is a good get.

The less said about Nick Blakey in this instance butt he already thinks hes one of the boys up there in Sydney and that to me screams lack of drive. Hope Bailey runs through the muppet when they meet

Felt emotional when I saw this. We're (mostly) all staunch North people but geeze the last few years do wear down your resolve with bullshit backflips and near misses.

Fingers crossed Bailey comes to North at a cheap price and then makes a mockery of his draft position to become an absolute Shinboner champion.

Great news.

Well that is good news but only phase one of the process.

l expect the Suns with there likely plethora of picks before our second to nominate him. Would we take him with a very early 20s pick l know its not far outside his range but could that stretch us enough with the pics we have left after probably just using multiple picks on TT ?

It makes sense for them to do that as he is a Gold Coast kid & not a flight risk.

Its all to play out obviously & we may yet go looking for another mid pick depending on trades but great that he saw enough to like what we have to offer.

I've been following Bailey a little bit but where was he actually predicted to get picked up? and no North supporter up-sell please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back