Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Outside some really bad kicks which weren't even the distance he's looking great.

Definite steal as can tell he wants it too.

That behind the goal footage showing him gut running into space to mark and goal sums him up. We're going to improve sharply when blokes like Bailey come into their own. I can see him cutting up the wings at the G in a few years time. He's got leadership written all over him too.

he's got pace and isn't afraid to go in, also knows how to tackle. Massive upgrade on polec. Can't wait to see how much of a beast he in in 2 years time when he starts accumulating the ball more.

He is what we have lacked for so long - a Smart Footballer.

Great teams have multipiles of these blokes, not just a couple of stars.

He makes the right decision every single time, he may not execute that decision perfectly (see last night) but he's also only played fewer than 20 games.

Only genuine stuff up in intent I can remember is a loose over the ball handball against GWS.

He's an absolute beauty because he'll work his arse to remove weaknesses from his game.

God bless Melbourne University Engineering admissions.

Bailey............shines.

Blakey....................DROPPED!

And that’s with most of the swabs forward line already injured- will be working at maccas in a few years.

Now back to Bailey - is coming along very nicely.
That play where he bulldozed the ball forward was great for a guy with a build like his.
Smart player and works hard - will make it.

Pykie who would you say a player comparison for Bailey's potential peak is?

I've been racking my brain on this one too.

The closest I can come to in body shape and skill set is Lachie Whitfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pykie who would you say a player comparison for Bailey's potential peak is?

Don't have to look to far to Shaun Higgins.

Might be different body shapes, but he can reach that level.

Both quick, great skills etc.

His Dad.

Victorian representative premiership player.

Smart around goals, clean and cleverrrrrr.

Does all the basics well which is rare in our side, let’s be honest.

Different body shape but basically yes, agree with every word.

You should get some credit for being hot on him all year. His growth from last year hasn't necessarily been exponential in terms of numbers but his effectiveness on game day has made him well worthy of being best 22.

I've been hot on him since I saw him win a loose ball contest in his first pre season game - against st kilda I Think - last year.

Just oozed quality.

His kicking for goal is going to be a weapon in seasons to come.
Don’t * him around North.
Enough damage has been done with Black and Ziebell.

He definitely has it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back