Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate to say it & I’m sure his old man would be disgusted but I’m starting to see Bailey lacking a bit of ....❤️
Yeah he’s very outside to say the least, could definetly go harder. A lot of the time he will not attack the ball and instead wait for it

But I’m more so annoyed by his lack of care with the footy in hand

People seriously so miserable with themselves and the club they're deciding Bailey's a target now? Please. Had nowhere near a great game or a bad one, he's developing at the exact trajectory he should.

Move along nothing to see here, this is as pointless as thinking if Ben McKay lets one goal pass through him, surely he must be a bust.

People seriously so miserable with themselves and the club they're deciding Bailey's a target now? Please. Had nowhere near a great game or a bad one, he's developing at the exact trajectory he should.

Move along nothing to see here, this is as pointless as thinking if Ben McKay lets one goal pass through him, surely he must be a bust.

They blame individual players but they never blame anything else.

For instance, none of them can tell me what the game plan is, or raise a murmur about how the administration have monumentally screwed up the post 2016 rebuild............but nah............let's hook in to a lightly framed 20 year old who has played 19 games of footy, or a bloke who hasn't played in 2 years. :rolleyes:

Baileys best attribute thus far has been his ability to remain in the play.

He's going to wreck blokes when he hits his mid 20s.

he maya well be an elite runner and gut run the s**t out of everyone and consistently be in the game,

I still have issues with his decision making, just takes odd options too often for me

- if he can fix this up and play within that limitation he’s got the potential to be Sam Gibson+

he maya well be an elite runner and gut run the sh*t out of everyone and consistently be in the game,

I still have issues with his decision making, just takes odd options too often for me

- if he can fix this up and play within that limitation he’s got the potential to be Sam Gibson+

Ofcoarse his decision making isn't perfect yet - He is 20 years old.

This is another example of week-to-weekitis.

Every player has poor games. They just hopefully reduce the number of them per season when they hit their peak.

Patrick Dangerfield was s**t in a grand final. I guess Geelong should've delisted him after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he maya well be an elite runner and gut run the sh*t out of everyone and consistently be in the game,

Being the next Sam Gibson is exactly what i see as mentioned a few times

And largely why I don’t rate him

Last edited:
Being the next Sam Gibson is exactly what i see as mentioned a few times

And largely why I don’t rate him
Don't think Gibbo had the forward craft or ability to take a contested mark as Bailey does.

He was very good in round 1 and had a bad one last week with about 14 mates. I think he will be a very good winger or high half forward.

Bailey Scott looks like being a good player.....got a long way to go to get involved in play as much as Gibbo did. Tracking well though.

What was wrong with Sam Gibson?

Had some dodgy disposal by foot.

Also would wait to tackle on occasion rather than contest. Not to say he took short steps, more would allow himself to be seconds late to the contest and force the stoppage rather than a turn over.

On Bailey Scott he's not immaculate by foot. His decision making not always on point.

But.....

Keeps his feet and stays in the contest even against bigger stronger and multiple opponents.

He's a kid and has development to come.

By the time he's 25 he'll have size enough that staying in the contest will result in clear possession for us. Given his propensity for getting forward that possession will likely translate to goals.

He's also pretty clutch.

Had some dodgy disposal by foot.

Also would wait to tackle on occasion rather than contest. Not to say he took short steps, more would allow himself to be seconds late to the contest and force the stoppage rather than a turn over.

On Bailey Scott he's not immaculate by foot. His decision making not always on point.

But.....

Keeps his feet and stays in the contest even against bigger stronger and multiple opponents.

He's a kid and has development to come.

By the time he's 25 he'll have size enough that staying in the contest will result in clear possession for us. Given his propensity for getting forward that possession will likely translate to goals.

He's also pretty clutch.

He won't be the only one whose DE% dips south while they're breaking in this new game plan.

This is a bit too complex for the twerps to comprehend.

What was wrong with Sam Gibson?

******* oath. Bailey potentially being Sam Gibson+ would be an extraordinarily durable running machine who averages 20-25 touches a game for 150-200 games, and if it was Sam Gibson+ the kicking would probably be better. Sign me the * up for pick ~50

Once he had 60+ games and another few kg’s, he’ll end up more like Isaac Smith than Sam Gibson.

Might not end up averaging 30 disposals a game but will be damaging with his rangy run and carry and long kicking.

He is the ultimate professional so you know he’ll get the best out of himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back