Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see what happens. He almost left the club before re-signing his last contract but was talked into staying, so I wasn’t surprised when I heard this rumour.
Okay. Would you say NM can get a 2nd round pick for Scott? I think he's played 100 games.

He won’t be our problem next year.
Little Women Dancing GIF by TV One

We kept putting him in the backline, even took some kickouts.
Didn't like it.
Majority of his kicks in the back 50 ended up as turnovers..

He had 17 touches at 3 quarter time.
9 turnovers.
Unforgivable.

Absolutely left us with zero chances to stay with those campaigners.

If we’re serious about selection standards then he goes back to the VFL.
Then again we’re not.

He had 17 touches at 3 quarter time.
9 turnovers.
Unforgivable.

Absolutely left us with zero chances to stay with those campaigners.

If we’re serious about selection standards then he goes back to the VFL.
Then again we’re not.

When people (hopefully our match committee and list
Management) finally realise we are going no where with guys like this, the sooner we can fix the problem.

He cannot kick and for an outside player that’s a big problem.

I've been a Bailey believer but good lord was he a real momentum killer yesterday. I think we can all pinpoint the pass he made that set off Essendon's run in the third. I felt dread whenever he got the ball and was able to say "he'll turn this over" to my group with fairly accurate results...

I'm just praying that Stephens unlocks some form in the VFL, because we don't have many other options. Fisher, Corr and Stephenson have clicked things together in recent weeks so I won't rule it out. He doesn't take the game on like Scotty does but his kicking is quite good, with a lot more upside. I wish we could just fuse them together in a lab and get an extra MSD pick.

Can't knock him for creating run or options but his disposal are momentum killers.
The one into the f50 and he miskicked it LDU just shock his head.
Maybe we need players to be in his vicinity to get a handball from him.
Can see a big difference when LDU, sheez or mccercher or warlord are kicking into F50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay. Would you say NM can get a 2nd round pick for Scott? I think he's played 100 games.
You'd hope so but he's out of contract so we don't have much in the way of bargaining power. I guess it comes down to what the opposition club is willing to give up, if he does go hopefully it's to a club thats good to deal with.

Is one thing to shop yourself, another to garner interest.
I wasn't a fan, then he did improve somewhat and now I'm not a fan again.
Fisher is better than Scott, and Stephens not far behind.

maybe he's worth a mid third rounder.

In the second one what was he actually trying to do?
You get a glimpse of the NMFC player at the top, and he's ahead of his opponent at the time Scott winds up to kick. Perhaps that's his target? But then our guy was jogging and was overtaken by the * player, and Bailey's kick is about 10m short of where it should be anyway. Meanwhile Fisher is on his own, a dinky little 15m kick away.

Comedy of errors, really.

Bit of unfair criticism here. The kid busts his gut and creates play, runs all day. That's why he's in the team. That's his upside and very few if any in our team can match that.

That said, he cannot hit a 20m wide barn if he was kicking from 5m away this year. I'm at a loss as to what has happened. He was never an amazing kick, but it's the inability to hit a straight forward pass under zero pressure that is just cooking our team.

Honestly would keep playing him. But every minute, every hour this week, buddy you're out there doing kicking drills and nothing else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back