Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dow 2.916s 20m, 1.053s over first 5m
LDU 2.980s 20m, 1.094s over first 5m
Cerra 3.051s 20m, 1.102s over first 5m

20m:
Dow - 2.916s
LDU - 2.980s
Rayner - 2.982s
Brayshaw - 3.00s
D.Fogarty - 3.04s
Cerra - 3.051s
Constable - 3.052s
Clark - DNT

Agility:
Dow - 8.046s
LDU - 8.132s
Fogarty - 8.46s
Brayshaw - 8.30s
Rayner - 8.579s
Constable - 8.601s
Cerra - DNT
Clark - DNT

Beep:
Brayshaw - 15.6 beep (preseason)
Dow - 13.13 beep
LDU - 13.8 beep
Cerra - 13.7 beep
Fogarty - 12.10 beep
Constable - 12.9 beep
Rayner - 11.10 beep
Clark - DNT

Bump

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The winners.

What was Mitchells main asset? Composure.

I don’t see it at all to be honest. I think Mitchell was ultra slow, LDU has way more pace. Mitchell’s footy brain was unsurpassed and will be streets ahead of LDU. Mitchell will probably get him with preferred foot and easily on the opposite foot.

I don’t see it at all to be honest. I think Mitchell was ultra slow, LDU has way more pace. Mitchell’s footy brain was unsurpassed and will be streets ahead of LDU. Mitchell will probably get him with preferred foot and easily on the opposite foot.

You don't see LDU's triangulation ability on display when he executes a disposal?

This is basically where Mitchell was elite. Composure and quick execution.

tbl, can you think of another player that wasn't overly quick or a line breaker, but had excellent footy smarts and lateral ability and was a very good extractor that could hit targets very well by hand and foot?
Diesel - slow as treacle but one of the smartest players I've ever seen who could extract and distribute so well.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

You don't see LDU's triangulation ability on display when he executes a disposal?

This is basically where Mitchell was elite. Composure and quick execution.

Not sure what you mean by triangulation ability but his ability to create with hands is way better than I was expecting. His ability to get outside is probably down on what I was expecting. But I can clearly see elite clearance traits that I think/hope will really shine as his body comes into its own. And as you’ve said previously he’s being used in a position/role that’s as hard as it gets for a mid at his age. His body and confidence are the only things holding him back.

Not sure what you mean by triangulation ability but his ability to create with hands is way better than I was expecting.

The ability to put a player in to space from congestion by utilising 3 dimensional spacial skills.

His ability to get outside is probably down on what I was expecting.

It's not his main strength and in fact works against his greatest ability. To achieve maximum effectiveness we actually want him inside drawing opposition players to him and utilising the space that creates to release our players on the outside.

BTW wasn't LDU supposed to have pace?

Andrew Swallow was supposed to be super quick in his junior days. He was anything but.
It's easy to pigeonhole Spitta as slow because his straight line speed out in the open wasn't that great and I bet you have a mental image of him labouring down the wing chasing someone post-achilles. But he had tremendous acceleration in and through congestion, with and without the ball.

Andrew Swallow was supposed to be super quick in his junior days. He was anything but.
Spitta was pretty zippy if I recall
Not Wells quick but he wasnt slow

AFL Draft Camp Results 2005

20-meter Sprint
Matt Laidlaw (Sydney #51) - 2.83sec
Jarred Oakley-Nicholls (Richmond #8) - 2.85sec
Nate Roffey (Not Drafted) - 2.92sec
Andrew Swallow (Kangaroos #43) - 2.92sec
Grant Birchall (Hawthorn #14) - 2.93sec
Nick Lower (Port Adelaide #30) - 2.93sec
Dale Thomas (Collingwood #2) - 2.93sec
Sam Elliott (Adelaide– Rookie Draft #53) - 2.94sec
Austin Lucy (Essendon #66) - 2.94sec
Alan Toovey (Collingwood – Rookie Draft #2) - 2.94sec

(Log in to remove this ad.)

20-meter Sprint

Laundry list of superstars there....

20-meter Sprint

:drunk:

The winners.

What was Mitchells main asset? Composure.
I thought Mitchells main asset was..

latest

To me the more he’s prepared to Shake-n-bake,the more the opposition have to come at him whilst our blokes can peel away. Me likey. All the guns have that sensational sidestep or change of direction. Cunners uses brute strength and is able to shift the player coming at him, which has similar result.

Cunners dexterity with the handball and sidestep - in spite of his lack of pace - helps massively as well. Players are conscious of his hands and commit poorly on many, many occasions because of this.

It's easy to pigeonhole Spitta as slow because his straight line speed out in the open wasn't that great and I bet you have a mental image of him labouring down the wing chasing someone post-achilles. But he had tremendous acceleration in and through congestion, with and without the ball.

Spitta was pretty zippy if I recall
Not Wells quick but he wasnt slow

Based on his junior reports, I was expecting line breaking speed.

Interesting to go back and read them now.

Not explosive pace, no.

But when he gets up to speed you wouldn't call him bog average.

That being said, he's good at identifying space in close and bursting through it through a combination of speed and strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back