Current 9yo Charlise Mutten - Blue Mountains * Justin Stein charged with murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Also don’t do 2 to 3 points of ice and kill a passenger is a car crash…?

Undoubtedly media would look at anyones history; any prior infringements, drug or alcohol use, previous marriages, scope out old friends and workmates and maybe come up with some juicy tidbits.

But not many people have "killed someone in my car whilst high on ice" in their histories.

I do have empathy with those suffering from addiction. I believe addiction is a mental health issue as it's usually rooted in trauma. But I also have empathy for victims of chronic users; the children, other family members like grandparents, people who are killed when users get behind a wheel.

The drug & jail history wouldn't be such a factor for me if everything else lined up. But put the drug history combined with not knowing what the child was wearing, exactly when she went missing, not tucking her into bed, not calling police until the next day, having conflicting accounts makes me wonder were they so out of it they didn't know what was going on?

'She was last seen by her family some time that afternoon but wasn’t reported missing to the police until 8.20am on Friday, January 14.
The exact time Charlise’s family realised she was missing is not yet known, though it is possible she was missing for anywhere between 15 to 20 hours before police were notified.'

'Dr Mallett said Charlise’s mother will need to be formally interviewed by police before investigators can start to determine the reason for the delayed reporting.
Ms Mutton had to be taken to hospital following her daughter’s disappearance as she suffered a medical episode.
She was expected to be interviewed by police on Monday.'

Did this medical episode commence before Police were notified?

'She was last seen by her family some time that afternoon but wasn’t reported missing to the police until 8.20am on Friday, January 14.
The exact time Charlise’s family realised she was missing is not yet known, though it is possible she was missing for anywhere between 15 to 20 hours before police were notified.'

'Dr Mallett said Charlise’s mother will need to be formally interviewed by police before investigators can start to determine the reason for the delayed reporting.
Ms Mutton had to be taken to hospital following her daughter’s disappearance as she suffered a medical episode.
She was expected to be interviewed by police on Monday.'

Did this medical episode commence before Police were notified?

Curious there's been no mention of anybody else who might have been on the property while Charlise was there. Any overnight guests, casual visitors, where was the management?

Maintaining that property would be a full time job. Any staff checking in?

I think a point is one hit. It's .1 of a gram. If someone builds up a tolerance they end up using more so I don't know if it's a lot or not.
True, its a standard measure for a street deal. Often it can be a hundred bucks worth depending what part of Australia.
2 or 3 points is what a heavier user would consume - (abuse)
True 1 point is 0.1 gram.
3 points is nearly a third of a gram.
People using that much would be flying if it was proper ice / meth !

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Midday news said the police were supposed to interview the mother yesterday, after her “medical episode”. That’s four days after Charlise’s disappearance. The police have not ruled anything out. A woman (I didn’t catch whether she was a neighbour or what) was asked if she knew the family. Long silence, a small smile, then “I don’t want to comment.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midday news said the police were supposed to interview the mother yesterday, after her “medical episode”. That’s four days after Charlise’s disappearance. The police have not ruled anything out. A woman (I didn’t catch whether she was a neighbour or what) was asked if she knew the family. Long silence, a small smile, then “I don’t want to comment.”

One of the neighbours has applied for an AVO against the fiance, Stein. They may have spoken to his wife.

Charlise1.png

EDIT: Noted the article doesn't stipulate which 'Stein' the neighbour has applied for an AVO against.

Last edited:
One of the neighbours has applied for an AVO against the fiance, Stein. They may have spoken to his wife.

View attachment 1312751

He's been engaged in a feud with the Steins for about ten years so there's tensions.

........ a bitter feud between neighbours has all the hallmarks of the Hatfields versus the McCoys, with claims, counter-claims and legal action proving that there’s more to this sleepy hamlet.
The dispute centres around John Haitzler and his 222 fruit trees. Mr Haitzler, as a primary producer, has a firearms licence which allows him to shoot feral animals, such as rabbits and foxes. He says he also shoots into the air to frighten away birds that eat his cherry, peach and plum trees.

But his neighbours say they have frequently found dead birds — black cockatoos, satin bower birds, crimson rosellas and others — that have fallen foul of Mr Haitzler’s weapons.
They also say they fear for their safety and that of the bushwalkers who regularly stroll nearby, and that the shooting is a frightening and noisy intrusion into their peaceful lives.
Ms Haitzler vehemently denies shooting any birds and says they are being killed by a goshawk which hides in the trees and attacks parrots as they feed on the ground.

So the ute belonged to the 'fiancée' right? It's not spelled out as such, but ute was in Penrith, Stein went to Penrith to speak to police. Neither of them knew where she was between the afternoon and the next morning. Sound like responsible parents/carers right there. If they're not actually responsible for her disappearance, they're at least partly culpable. Also, the natural father had made a cryptic post (reported on various media sites, this was the first one I grabbed):

There's something fishy here. On the surface, it appears that the mother and fiancée should probably not be allowed responsibility of a 9yo child. I'll happily retract that opinion if it turns out they had somewhat more than no clue what the kid was doing or where she was. :huh: Poor kid, hope police find her safe and well.

So the ute belonged to the 'fiancée' right? It's not spelled out as such, but ute was in Penrith, Stein went to Penrith to speak to police. Neither of them knew where she was between the afternoon and the next morning. Sound like responsible parents/carers right there. If they're not actually responsible for her disappearance, they're at least partly culpable. Also, the natural father had made a cryptic post (reported on various media sites, this was the first one I grabbed):

There's something fishy here. On the surface, it appears that the mother and fiancée should probably not be allowed responsibility of a 9yo child. I'll happily retract that opinion if it turns out they had somewhat more than no clue what the kid was doing or where she was. :huh: Poor kid, hope police find her safe and well.
Obviously after people rushed to judgement in the Cleo Smith case there’s good reason to be cautious, but it seems no one really has anything positive to say about these people and it’ll probably be the obvious.

Whether it’s that or she’s wandered off, it really doesn’t seem the mum and her partner should have been looking after a child at all (even though I’m sure the grandparents were well intentioned).

True, its a standard measure for a street deal. Often it can be a hundred bucks worth depending what part of Australia.
2 or 3 points is what a heavier user would consume - (abuse)
True 1 point is 0.1 gram.
3 points is nearly a third of a gram.
People using that much would be flying if it was proper ice / meth !

I think that's true for most places except South Australia. In SA a point is much smaller, and if you want the standard you need to ask for an imperial point.

Most of us are mature enough to understand that people can make mistakes that lead to tragic and irreversible outcomes and end up with a record. Given the press around this though and their histories combined, it's difficult to ignore.

We'll just try to proceed sensibly and keep an open mind.

Most of us are mature enough to understand that people can make mistakes that lead to tragic and irreversible outcomes and end up with a record. Given the press around this though and their histories combined, it's difficult to ignore.

We'll just try to proceed sensibly and keep an open mind.

Agree. If indications were that previous mistakes were in the past, and they were now responsible adults, I certainly would hesitate to cast any aspersions. All reports seem to indicate the opposite though, sadly for young Charlise. I really hope she is found safe and well, as I'm sure we all do. If that positive outcome occurs, I'd suggest custodial arrangements might be revisited though, and the grandmother/grandparents would be less inclined to permit any 'holidays' away from their care.

Not sure I understand why there's been no talk of what the CCTV on that property might show and what Charlise was wearing when she was last captured on it.

CCTV has to be there ... doesn't it?

Yes, it will be interesting to see if it matches with that Police might have been told she was wearing.
Assuming that the below description of what she was wearing did not come from CCTV on the property.

'Police described Charlise as being of Caucasian appearance, with a thin build and brown hair and eyes.
She is about 130-140 centimetres tall and was wearing a pink top, a black skirt and black thongs.'

Agree. If indications were that previous mistakes were in the past, and they were now responsible adults, I certainly would hesitate to cast any aspersions. All reports seem to indicate the opposite though, sadly for young Charlise. I really hope she is found safe and well, as I'm sure we all do. If that positive outcome occurs, I'd suggest custodial arrangements might be revisited though, and the grandmother/grandparents would be less inclined to permit any 'holidays' away from their care.

Stein is still on parole, I'm wondering if that has factored in to why Charlise wasn't reported missing sooner.

I think that's true for most places except South Australia. In SA a point is much smaller, and if you want the standard you need to ask for an imperial point.
A point is much smaller in SA , Whys that ?

A point in an outback/ mining/ far north/ country town area also maybe smaller than a real point
A standard measure cant be changed though right?
Its like a kilogram is a kg theres no small kg and big kg is there ?

A point is much smaller in SA , Whys that ?

A point in an outback/ mining/ far north/ country town area also maybe smaller than a real point
A standard measure cant be changed though right?
Its like a kilogram is a kg theres no small kg and big kg is there ?

Never bought a beer in SA?

In for a rude shock if you do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back