SorryIHammerChicken

Premiership Player
Jan 16, 2005
Cameron White
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Team Carbonaro™..........
Whenever someone starts a thread like this the underdog always seems to win. Let's hope it can happen again :)

ICanDressMyself said:
Adelaide are still in the top 2 teams.

No one can expect us to stay at one loss throughout the year and good on Richmond for beating us. We needed it. However, anyone thinking that Adelaide are falling or aren't up to it then they should think again.

Adelaide's 2 losses have been a total of 5 points. Fair effort eh? We have also travelled 5 times out of 8, with back2back TD trips in Rnd 7 & 8. Believe me we are still up there with the WCE and the impressive Collingwood.

One poor game. This is not the end of the world. The Crows are still a top 2 team and we will finish in the top 4.

Poor display of footy but even the best of teams have bad days. Every team does. Full credit to the Tigers, you played far from your best with many key players out and you still beat us! Shocking footy by the Crows but not taking anything away from the Tigers.

I predict Crows will slaughter Carlton next week. Not often we have 2 bad displays in a row, and coming home in front of a fired up Adelaide crowd, victory should be ours. ;)

we should remind them what happend to Adelaide against Richmond:)
we'll come out bashing and Crashing the crows send em crashing to the ground
give the Crows 2 losses :)

Grimreepah said:
Hopefully Lonie_from_50 will start reciting the record winning margins between these two clubs.
Carlton do quite well against Adelaide. We remember Fevs mark outside the boundary and goal . ( ok he may not have been out but I invoke the Wayne Harmes rule)

Carlton to bring their A game and match it with Adelaide right until the end and the result is a win to

CARLTON vs ADELAIDE
Greatest Winning Margin

79 points - Carlton - Rnd 12, 1993 (OO) - Carlton 24.12 (156) v Adelaide 11.11 (77)
68 points - Carlton - EF, 2001 (MCG) - Carlton 17.16 (118) v Adelaide 6.14 (50)
67 points - Carlton - Rnd 15, 1996 (OO) - Carlton 19.17 (131) v Adelaide 9.10 (64)
66 points - Adelaide - Rnd 1, 1994 (AAMI) - Adelaide 22.18 (150) v Carlton 13.6 (84)
60 points - Carlton - Rnd 16, 1994 (OO) - Carlton 20.16 (136) v Adelaide 10.16 (76)

Last time they met
Adelaide 9.17 (71) v Carlton 8.9 (57), R10, 2006 (AAMI)

Record
Played: 22 Carlton: 14 Adelaide: 8
At AAMI - Played: 7 Carlton: 3 Adelaide: 4

Expect another thumping Crows?

:p

We usually don't do too bad agaisnt Adelaide. That being said we will probably lose by 10 goals plus.

PerthCrow said:
Carlton do quite well against Adelaide. We remember Fevs mark outside the boundary and goal . ( ok he may not have been out but I invoke the Wayne Harmes rule)

Carlton to bring their A game and match it with Adelaide right until the end and the result is a win to
Oh well, the point of this thread was for NOONE to give the Blues a chance ;) :p

Tennant said:
We usually don't do too bad agaisnt Adelaide. That being said we will probably lose by 10 goals plus.

Think back to 2004, in round 10 we lost to St kilda by 108 points and then beat Adelaide at AAMI Stadium. I am sure that week everyone thought the Crows would thump us by 10 goals so it just shows that you never know what can happen.

Went to last years Crows v Blues,
(and will be there on Saturday)
and if i recall,
through the hip flask,
Carlton pretty much played like Richmond did on the weekend
(except we lost).

Played keepings off for most of the day,
held a small lead.
until we tired,
made skill errors,
then Adelaide by around 10 points.

Would not be surprised in the least,
if same happens again.

SorryIHammerChicken said:
Whenever someone starts a thread like this the underdog always seems to win. Let's hope it can happen again :)
Probably end up a boring low-scoring scrap with both sides flooding. They'll kick 12 goals and Fev will probably get the few we kick again. Notlooking forward to it after the Crows lost last weekend.

Lonie_from_50 said:
CARLTON vs ADELAIDE
Greatest Winning Margin

79 points - Carlton - Rnd 12, 1993 (OO) - Carlton 24.12 (156) v Adelaide 11.11 (77)
68 points - Carlton - EF, 2001 (MCG) - Carlton 17.16 (118) v Adelaide 6.14 (50)
67 points - Carlton - Rnd 15, 1996 (OO) - Carlton 19.17 (131) v Adelaide 9.10 (64)
66 points - Adelaide - Rnd 1, 1994 (AAMI) - Adelaide 22.18 (150) v Carlton 13.6 (84)
60 points - Carlton - Rnd 16, 1994 (OO) - Carlton 20.16 (136) v Adelaide 10.16 (76)

Last time they met
Adelaide 9.17 (71) v Carlton 8.9 (57), R10, 2006 (AAMI)

Record
Played: 22 Carlton: 14 Adelaide: 8
At AAMI - Played:7 Carlton: 3 Adelaide: 4

Expect another thumping Crows?

:p

Thats remarkable if that stat is correct, played 22 time only 7 at Footy park??

Even taking out a couple of finals played in Melbourne that is a huge difference. I thought over a ten year period the draw was meant to "even out".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please Carlton people , lets not kid ourselves. There is marked difference between support and stupidity and lets be honest we all know we have not got a hope in hell of winning over there this week. Prove me wrong at will though players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back