2017 Grand Final - Who wears the clash jumper?

Who should have to wear the Clash jumper for GF (hypothetical at this stage)

• Adelaide

Votes: 109 17.5%
  • Richmond

Votes: 514 82.5%
  • GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crows chose to join the comp with a jumper that clashes with Richmond, so they should be the ones to wear something else.

Doesn't matter who finishes higher on the ladder, is that actually written down anywhere as a rule like the home state final rules?

Crows chose to join the comp with a jumper that clashes with Richmond, so they should be the ones to wear something else.

Doesn't matter who finishes higher on the ladder, is that actually written down anywhere as a rule like the home state final rules?

LOL.

Eagles, Bears, Crows don't join the VFL and Richmond probably disappear.

What should happen: Adelaide wears home jumper plus navy shorts as they finished higher on the ladder, Tigers wear clash with white shorts.
What will happen: Richmond will wear home jumper with black shorts 'due to tradition' and Adelaide will wear clash plus white shots.*

*they would then change into their home kit if they win the flag for presentations.

Last edited:

Welcome to 2012 where that exact argument made by Essendon was rejected by the AFL and they were forced to create that horrid grey jumper.

Collingwood, as the higher finishing side at the end of the home and away season, has the right to play in its traditional black and white striped jumper.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...3f12c223f?sv=ec9d0d9c676043c1fcf20fbef72178b3

Agree 100% and I bet those here wanting Richmond to wear an alternative would change their mind if it was their club involved.

I had no problem at all with my club wearing our alternative strip in our gf.

I was glad we elected to wear one of our proper strips in its entirety rather than mix and match our purple top with white shorts.

But that's because my club has been mature about the clash jumper issue and:

a) designed a simple, classic jumper that still reflects the identity of the club, and

b) embraced it as a legitimate part of the identity of the club, rather than an embarrassment to be hidden away in the attic until they're forced kicking and screaming to wear it.

A lot of Vic clubs are at the stage now where they've mastered 'a' but still haven't got their head around 'b'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about one team wears their home jumper for a half then they swap over at the break. Toss for who goes first.

How about one team wears their home jumper for a half then they swap over at the break. Toss for who goes first.

Adelaide, as the higher placed finisher, wears their home strip for the first qtr.
At 1/4, 1/2 & 3/4 time, they swap (or not) so that the team that's leading at the break gets to wear their home strip.

As an added bonus, during the game, TV execs, neutrals and theatre goers heads will explode at various points during the game with confusion/frustration.

Adelaide, as the higher placed finisher, wears their home strip for the first qtr.
At 1/4, 1/2 & 3/4 time, they swap (or not) so that the team that's leading at the break gets to wear their home strip.

As an added bonus, during the game, TV execs, neutrals and theatre goers heads will explode at various points during the game with confusion/frustration.
I can live with that

Here's another proof :)

Adelaide: 337-2-286 = 53.2% wins @ 107.9 percentage
Richmond: 1124-22-1083 = 49.2% wins @ 100.09 percentage

Yeah, but you ignore one fact

Adelaide was only let into the comp to stop port adelaide coming in, and you couldnt even do that!!!!

So adelaide should be perpetually the away team for all finals for its failure to prevent us having to put up with kane cornes, miming 80's pop songs pre game, and of course "the pear" (even pies fans can speak better than that!)

Yeah, but you ignore one fact

Adelaide was only let into the comp to stop port adelaide coming in, and you couldnt even do that!!!!

So adelaide should be perpetually the away team for all finals for its failure to prevent us having to put up with kane cornes, miming 80's pop songs pre game, and of course "the pear" (even pies fans can speak better than that!)
Actually the AFL desperately wanted us in to help pay their debts, and used Port as a pawn to force our hand.
But I do concede your point that we'd all be better off without Port in the comp. Sorry we couldn't keep them out indefinitely

Actually the AFL desperately wanted us in to help pay their debts, and used Port as a pawn to force our hand.
But I do concede your point that we'd all be better off without Port in the comp. Sorry we couldn't keep them out indefinitely

Adelaide paying a relatively token sum to join the league had little to do with anything. It was just a case of the previous teams had to, so they made you do it too (that and buying your share of the VFLs assets).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back