Review Adelaide v Sydney - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Mackay - found wanting under pressure yet again
JJ - should not have played, selectors are piss weak and bereft of ideas
Thommo - cooked, ok, we carried you to the end of the year, you don't deserve anything at all, let alone $300k. Club defining moment coming up that we'll prove we're a middling club not capable of taking the next step.
Dougie - has been s**t all year apart from patches here and there, weak from the selectors again. Shocked he couldn't turn it around when it mattered.
Pyke - you're not displaying any differences between yourself and Craigy yet. Selection and in-game is straight out of his play book. Playing out of form seniors gets you nowhere.
Campo - how many years do we need to see our opposition kill us between the arcs
Clarke - any chance we can run and handball out of stoppages and close down our opposition as they do us.

Last edited:

Good: cameron and matt crouch. Both made mistakes but both were brilliant in a final.
Bad: our inability to match a team that wanted it more.
Ugly: jacobs, jenkins, mackay, brown, lynch, smith, douglas. Our last quarter.
NOT ENOUGH campaigner IN EM.

Not a lot of good. Plenty of bad. Quite a bit of ugly.

Not going to get to down though. We have some glaring problems, but have some quality coming through and some currency at the trade table this summer. We need to turn the page on a few senior players, trade out a few out and bring in some speed.

We have a good coach. We need to give him time.

Well chooks come home to roost as expectes.
Interesting comment from someone on the commentry team regarding how many players each side had debuted this year.

To all you muppets who carried on about continuity, not upsetting the structure, 2nds players not doing enough to earn their way over the usual plodders, well guys this game is for you, because the 22 we put our on the park had absolutely zero need to put their physical arse on the line as we as a club have pretty much done all we can to appease your severly uneducated and naieve perspective of the game and what it takes to be a true contender in this league. Im used to it.We should all get used to it.

Gift undeserving names games for season on end and breed a soft, complacent culture which shines come finals time when the pressure is on.

Well done to Guys like Cameron, Laird,Lever,Mrouch etc whose careers werent born into this culture and who actually threw it all at them. To the rest of the side, think yourselves lucky that you can rest assured tour positions are secured so long as the puppet masters currently in place stay in place.

Kudos to Sanders whos remarks over the JJ recontracting period were pretty much spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely disgusting performance. Skills were horrible, decision making was pathetic and execution was amateur.

Charlie Cameron is the only guy who can hold his head high, great game.

Change is needed.
See ya Lyons, Brown, Mackay, Douglas, Thompson.
Shocking effort from Jenkins and Jacobs.
I'm so disappointed how the season has ended.

bcb46d9143a349c2d0dcb8fdd64c3d97.jpg

Contrary to popular opinion, I don't think we were actually that bad for most of the game.

Our start was horrible, giving away a 4 goal start to sydney is never going to end well, but we've been starting poorly all year. That must be corrected.

Otherwise, we matched Sydney, who were playing well, on their home turf, from half way through the first to the final change, but when they kicked the first two of the last quarter, we needed to kick 7 straight to win. That's a bridge far too far, and the cue went in the rack.

Basically, I thought we were well and truly in that game until the first 5 mins of the last.

Not to say we don't have deficiencies; our midfield desperately needs improvement, particularly from Brad Crouch, and we need to target a big name.

I didn't think Douglas was that bad, particularly when he rotated through the middle.

Mackay did some good things, I thought his game was better than his average (not that that's particularly high).

Sydney were very good, and we gave them too much of a head start, otherwise I thought we played ok. We certainly weren't as bad as either of the Geelong games or against West Coast.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back