Review Adelaide v Sydney - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Good:

Sloane and M.Crouch did their best in the midfield and the latter did a pretty good job on Parker.
Hartigan and Lever fought pretty well.
As did Cameron.

Mediocre:

Betts, Lynch, McGovern and Walker did some nice things but no where near enough.
Thommo tried hard in what should be his last game.
Cheney could have done more on the ground but helped out in the air.
Smith couldn't get into the game but didn't turn it over as much as others.
Laird was meh.

Bad:

B.Crouch and Lyons were s**t.
Mackay wasn't quite as bad as people are suggesting but was still bad.
Atkins wasted every possession he had.
Talia was well beaten and provided nothing offensively.
Douglas was ineffective.

Putrid:

Jenkins was a ghost, he was gifted shot at goal that could have had an impact on the result but still missed, a truly pathetic performance.

Jacobs might as well have not played, his taps never went to our mids advantage and failed to expose two inexperienced ruckman. It might even be a good thing eh is suspended round 1 and ROB gets a chance to prove himself.

Brown has suffered a meteoric fall from being one of the comps best small defenders to being in our bottom 3 every week. Papley kicked 4 goals on him FFS, week after week we are destroyed by small forwards due to Browns incompetence. It's not like he does anything offensively either, I have no idea why he in the team.

Sloane was good in patches however like the entire midfield he went missing at the start of the game when we needed our leaders and mids to stand up

I'm gobsmacked that anyone would write that

I'm not. Just a typical Port flog trying to get a reaction. He is probably right now sitting in his mother's sewing room waiting for tomorrow to come so he have his weekly Sunday adventure walking around Arndale Westfield in his tracksuit with his pregnant barefoot girlfriend.

Good
Sloane- you need 4 of him to have a good midfield.
Cameron
Hartigan
Lever I suspect if he played the whole game

Bad
Playing injured players
Not developing more players against easy sides
Measuring our side against soft wins and being surprised by tonights result.

Sydney had 4 of Sloane, we have only got one.

This.

For all the positives, we're still miles off. And even worse, the club doesn't realise it so will pick the same players.
Miles off is a bit of an exaggeration. Our midfield is certainly below par, but forward and back we're good to go.

Don't forget we've seen the retirement of VB this year, and Hendo has played hardly at all. Who knows, maybe Mackay and Douglas are next (after thommo obviously)?

He won't though cos the standard of footy "journalists" in this state is diabolical.

Time for Fages to start asking some serious questions of our footy department and sack Noble.

Well Noble is going to Brisbane and I don't know why you're blaming him

FFS this is why you change a winning team because too many passengers get too comfortable and take their place for granted.

There is several players that got picked because they are coaches favorites. Time for gold passes has to *ing end tonight.

Mackay, Thommo, Douglas, should not have played at all for many weeks. Pyke needs to get owned for these selection blunders.
I heard Pyke today was asked whether Hannaberry would get some extra attention as he got about 40 last time we played.

Pyke said something like, well we won so we didn't need to do that.

Come on Pyke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's overseen horrendous list mangament and he has been part of diabolical team selections.

Hope he takes Campo with him, I'll pick them both up and drop them at the airport.

Buck stops with the head coach when it comes to selections.

If our list management has been horrendous we would be like Port or Richmond. The only stupid decision was Mackay, and that was under Trigg "proving" that interstate players re-sign.

You hate Noble and he's your scape goat.

FFS this is why you change a winning team because too many passengers get too comfortable and take their place for granted.

There is several players that got picked because they are coaches favorites. Time for gold passes has to *ing end tonight.

Mackay, Thommo, Douglas, should not have played at all for many weeks. Pyke needs to get owned for these selection blunders.
THIS x10000000

It's absolutely pathetic but it won't change as he's expressly stated his philosophy on the matter in the lead up to the VB selection.

I heard both and also heard MCL
At least it doesn't appear as bad as poor Rowan.

Lever was playing a ripping game before the gutsy incident to block buddy's path.

Was Noble responsible for Douglas and MacKay being contracted until the end of 2018?
I'm so happy he's gone to Brisbane if so, no idea why we'd offer putrid players such long contracts, it's a major problem.
I think McGovern could play stints in the midfield, anyone notice his breakaway speed in the first quarter? He's got some serious burst pace. Let him play Dougy's s**t role and bring Menzel in. We need pace in the middle & defensive pressure.

Buck stops with the head coach when it comes to selections.

If our list management has been horrendous we would be like Port or Richmond. The only stupid decision was Mackay, and that was under Trigg "proving" that interstate players re-sign.

You hate Noble and he's your scape goat.
Nah, Jenkins and Crouch are this year's howlers.

Pyke fobbing off the question of how to get better. Either he doesn't know or he's just playing a straight bat to Rooch.

Im seeing a lot of anger on here. Give it a few days, and reflect upon your team when they don't have a totally off night. I tipped you guys to beat us by 5 goals tonight.

That was based upon your ball movement from defence, there simply is no better side in the AFL there and you are still the best even after no Jaencsh. Your fwd line is also the best and by some margin in the AFL. Sauce is a great ruckman, its just the mids. You've blooded plenty in there this year, the pain of finals loss will burn in the offseason, you lot will be hard to beat next year and expect a top 2 finish. Getting a full preseason into Crouch's, Lyons, CEY will be great. Wigg to get games or traded for a high draft pick.

Id be staggered if you dont finish top 2 next year. Congratualtions on a massive year for the club, to do what you have done after losing Danger has shown the calibre of club that you are.

Have a good one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back