Game Day Adelaiiiide vs West Coast - 18+ game winning streak starts here

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones was awful last week and that's way more important than how he plays against a team that hasn't shown up
He played a good defensive role on Lipinksi last week. I wouldn’t say he’s having his best season, but his form has been decent. Massive confidence player so hopefully takes plenty out of today.

whys that? I just think the club doesn't have the right to change the clubs name without asking the supporters. has a more political vibe about it has been done from the top down, I think that view is supported by the hostility of the hyper political Jenny types to any questioning of it too.

Yeah well that's like your opinion man.

That midfield hasn’t contributed to an away win this season and has an average losing margin of 50 points. Let’s not forget who were playing and how poorly they are playing. More importantly, it’s an opportunity to get the younger mids more minutes in the midfield. Instead we’re dialling up Laird and Crouch, which is bad enough, but then they add Keays into the mix.
Keays attended 1 CBA. I'm not really sure why as it's his first for the year I think, maybe interchange rotations? Was a weird one, but obviously not an ongoing strategy. Rachele had 14 which I think might be his most ever? Maybe the Roos game last year was a similar amount. And Berry had 10 in a half, so it's not like they didn't get a run.

Really?
Wasn’t a great game but better than he’s been for most of the year.
If you do watch a replay and can be f**ked watching the ruck contests have a look at the hitouts and more importantly hitouts to advantage. Our mids didn’t stand a chance. Bailey loves being second to the contest (allows him to use his jump/athletiscism) but means he gets torched by guys like ROB, Witts etc. ROB was BOG last time you played us and should have finished with 2 goals today. Pretty solid day out for a big man after 41 hit outs vs an entire team total of 23 hit outs I would have thought?

If you do watch a replay and can be f**ked watching the ruck contests have a look at the hitouts and more importantly hitouts to advantage. Our mids didn’t stand a chance. Bailey loves being second to the contest (allows him to use his jump/athletiscism) but means he gets torched by guys like ROB, Witts etc. ROB was BOG last time you played us and should have finished with 2 goals today. Pretty solid day out for a big man after 41 hit outs vs an entire team total of 23 hit outs I would have thought?
Lucky you are not a crows supporter. Otherwise you would be known as a happy clapper :D

Lucky you are not a crows supporter. Otherwise you would be known as a happy clapper :D
No but I do have the soft spot for the Crows, come up against all the Victorian administration and media bullshit like we do and (current administration aside) generally a well run club with reasonable posters. Now also keeping a close eye on Dan Curtin’s development so have seen a bit more of your games than previous years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROB was subbed out at 3qtr time for Thilthorpe the previous time the 2 clubs met and not for a moment too soon, he was garbage and dropped something like 10+ marks that night at Optus. He stat-padded exactly like he did today in the previous Adelaide Oval encounter.

ROB was subbed out at 3qtr time for Thilthorpe the previous time the 2 clubs met and not for a moment too soon, he was garbage and dropped something like 10+ marks that night at Optus. He stat-padded exactly like he did today in the previous Adelaide Oval encounter.
You’re talking about the final round of last year at Optus, I’m talking about the last AO game (which TBF wasn’t clear in my post). I reckon that’s a bit of a harsh take on ROBs performances vs WCE, I would have been delighted if he wasn’t playing but hey, you’re the ones paying him.

whys that? I just think the club doesn't have the right to change the clubs name without asking the supporters. has a more political vibe about it has been done from the top down, I think that view is supported by the hostility of the hyper political Jenny types to any questioning of it too.

They actually have every right to do that, regardless of whether you agree with it or not.

The fact that you disagree with it says a lot more about you than it does about the club.

It was a Lazy win today. We were great, West Coast were horrible. We took care of them.

I know we are good enough to beat anybody talent wise at home or on the road. So next week will be a bigger test against an up and coming Hawthorn team. I know we can win, but we need to have the focus and composure. Take the foot off the pedal (like 10 minutes vs Collingwood) and it is an uphill battle.

Should beat Richmond the week after, then some tough home challenges vs Sydney and GWS after the bye.

2-1 or 1-2 during this 3 game homestand.

They actually have every right to do that, regardless of whether you agree with it or not.

The fact that you disagree with it says a lot more about you than it does about the club.
they have the right to do it because the members have no rights but whether it's a decision that comes from the base of the club and it's members, to change something as sigificant as the name or a top down piece of virtue signalling its pretty obvious its the second one imo.

also made it quite awkward, commentators still often referred to the club as Adelaide as well as the players and even the coach!

they have the right to do it because the members have no rights but whether it's a decision that comes from the base of the club and it's members, to change something as sigificant as the name or a top down piece of virtue signalling its pretty obvious its the second one imo.

also made it quite awkward, commentators still often referred to the club as Adelaide as well as the players and even the coach!
Uh huh.

And this offended you, apparently?

Uh huh.

And this offended you, apparently?

lol well offended might be pushing it, but as I only tuned in mid way through the 3rd quarter, when I had to double look at the logos to see the scores because some random letters were in the place of where ADE and WC would normally be I thought gee they've lost the plot!

He played a good defensive role on Lipinksi last week. I wouldn’t say he’s having his best season, but his form has been decent. Massive confidence player so hopefully takes plenty out of today.
A defensive role on Lipinski isn’t a thing, Lipinski isn’t Daicos. It’s about as accurate as we need McHenry for shape.

19 possessions against Eagles, 18 against us, 21 against Dockers. So this defensive role meant Lipinski was kept to his average of ……drumroll…….18!!!

You’re talking about the final round of last year at Optus, I’m talking about the last AO game (which TBF wasn’t clear in my post). I reckon that’s a bit of a harsh take on ROBs performances vs WCE, I would have been delighted if he wasn’t playing but hey, you’re the ones paying him.
ROB is a whipping boy around here. You will struggle to get people to acknowledge his good games.

Hyper political Jenny types? FMD.

We played against witches hats for the majority of that game.

Anyone who thinks we should be looking to that game as evidence we have improved, or our season is somehow back on track, is a delusional moron..
However, taken in context of the last half dozen games (beat Carlton by 2, lost to bombers by 3, flogged north away, flogged port, drew with Lions and lost to pies at the g by 4 and now flogged west coast) , there is evidence that we are absolutely improving. There were more than a few nerves coming in to this game that west coast would beat us. Not only didn’t they beat us, we walloped them. The annoying thing is that there appears to be a bunch of you, so caught up in your hatred of Nicks and certain players, that you were almost disappointed with that performance!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back