Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon don’t desperately need anyone. Because we aren’t achieving anything any time soon. Remove everyone older than Merrett except Stringer and that’s the team Essendon are working with.

We have thirteen players I’d say as guaranteed to be in our best 22 in three years. We have a lot of holes to fill.

Might be time to stop winning trades and get started filling them then.

Trust me, I have years of experience in watching a Club fart around the margins with second and third rate players and hoping for it all to just come together on its own. It doesn't.

Might be time to stop winning trades and get started filling them then.

Trust me, I have years of experience in watching a Club fart around the margins with second and third rate players and hoping for it all to just come together on its own. It doesn't.

I don’t think he’s determined to win trades, the one trade we’ve won in recent times is Smith. Everyone else has been fair value or lesser value.

As mentioned, you start low and then meet somewhere close to a reasonable price. The Dogs never budged.

The dogs never wanted him gone.

If someone knocks on your door one day offering you an unspectacular, ho-hum offer to buy your house... which you don't even have listed for sale and you have no interest in selling- you're telling me you'd take it.

I'm telling you everyone else tells the dreamer at your door to jog on.

Even Adrian himself said if he was the dogs he wouldn't have taken his own best offer- you're defending the indefensible.

I don’t think he’s determined to win trades, the one trade we’ve won in recent times is Smith. Everyone else has been fair value or lesser value.

I am not convinced that statement passes the bullshit detector of anyone not emotionally committed to Essendon.

If someone knocks on your door one day offering you an unspectacular, ho-hum offer to buy your house... which you don't even have listed for sale and you have no interest in selling- you're telling me you'd take it.

Even Adrian himself said if he was the dogs he wouldn't have taken his own best offer- you're defending the indefensible.

Your analogy kind of breaks down when you consider clubs are a lot less attached to players than people are to their houses.

I am not convinced that statement passes the bullshit detector of anyone not emotionally committed to Essendon.

We got absolutely dragged through the coals for the Shiel trade, got unders for Ryder and Crameri. Hibberd, Melksham and Carlisle were value. Saad was good value for us but was a welfare trade. Similar value to what we got for the more accomplished Hibberd at the time.

The fact is his predictable strategy to hold out until late in the draft period to build pressure isn’t really worth the tears or chortles it gets.

This narrative is entirely concocted by memers.

We got absolutely dragged through the coals for the Shiel trade, got unders for Ryder and Crameri. Hibberd, Melksham and Carlisle were value. Saad was good value for us but was a welfare trade. Similar value to what we got for the more accomplished Hibberd at the time.

The fact is his predictable strategy to hold out until late in the draft period to build pressure isn’t really worth the tears or chortles it gets.

This narrative is entirely concocted by memers.

Lacks unicorns and a handsome prince.

You threw yourselves on a hand grenade for Carlton on Sheil, but retrospect is a fine thing. Everyone thought he was the goods.

Not doing the Dunkley deal hurts. They need an inside mid, also now a forward. Ideally they could’ve traded for both, even at risk of paying overs. Their list needed to rectify its weaknesses and keep pushing ahead to finals. Now things look grim, they have draft picks, but they are always hit and miss.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lacks unicorns and a handsome prince.

You threw yourselves on a hand grenade for Carlton on Sheil, but retrospect is a fine thing. Everyone thought he was the goods.

Because people overrated Shiel the value of the trade was fair... You’d be a used car salesman’s delight.

You must be a big fan of Dodoros drafting. After all Laverde, Francis and Parish were steals based on what happened before he drafted them.

Or is that inconsistent ideology?

Because people overrated Shiel the value of the trade was fair... You’d be a used car salesman’s delight.

You must be a big fan of Dodoros drafting. After all Laverde, Francis and Parish were steals based on what happened before he drafted them.

Or is that inconsistent ideology?

It's red and black blinkered ideology.

It's red and black blinkered ideology.

It’s lazy, low resolution rhetoric. The thing to have a go at him is his drafting history, yet everyone focuses on the one thing he does well for us because it makes their trade week hard when dealing with him. Absurd.

Dunkley was targeted for personality as much as his on-field ability. If you're rebuilding he's exactly the type of player you want at the club, and he'd be there for a decade.
The revisionism from some Essendon fans doesn't change the fact that they identified an ideal player then cheaped out when it came time to get the deal across the line.

Your analogy kind of breaks down when you consider clubs are a lot less attached to players than people are to their houses.
It’s not really that much different a club is not going to trade one of there better players that is contracted for a fair and reasonable price as they would be gaining nothing if they did so the only time it happens is when they get offered something that’s to good to say no !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not doing the Dunkley deal hurts. They need an inside mid, also now a forward. Ideally they could’ve traded for both, even at risk of paying overs. Their list needed to rectify its weaknesses and keep pushing ahead to finals. Now things look grim, they have draft picks, but they are always hit and miss.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Doing the Dunkley deal for 2 x top 10 picks would hurt more.

Dunkley was targeted for personality as much as his on-field ability. If you're rebuilding he's exactly the type of player you want at the club, and he'd be there for a decade.
The revisionism from some Essendon fans doesn't change the fact that they identified an ideal player then cheaped out when it came time to get the deal across the line.
What.. Giving away 2 top 10 picks? C’mon, if he did that you’d be on here criticising him for paying top dollar for your 4th best mid!!

I like the part where so many of them are convinced they'll get him next year instead. All they've done is show other clubs in a better position than them how gettable he is, and also given the Doggies a chance to win him back. Meanwhile, Josh Dunkley isn't going to be exactly grateful that they've left him hanging.

It’s lazy, low resolution rhetoric. The thing to have a go at him is his drafting history, yet everyone focuses on the one thing he does well for us because it makes their trade week hard when dealing with him. Absurd.
But at the end of the day it's all about results
And you look at Essendons current lightweight vanilla list and you wonder where the blame sits

Well one thing I've learned from comments by Essendon supporters in this thread is that the blame for their unbalanced and relatively poor list in no way lays at the feet of their list manager of the past 20 years.
Dan Richardson's, and before him, Matthew Knights really should put their hands up and accept responsibility.
Luckily they've got good ol' Kev back to fix the problems. Most professionally run club in the comp.

Well one thing I've learned from comments by Essendon supporters in this thread is that the blame for their unbalanced and relatively poor list in no way lays at the feet of their list manager of the past 20 years.
Dan Richardson's, and before him, Matthew Knights really should put their hands up and accept responsibility.
Luckily they've got good ol' Kev back to fix the problems. Most professionally run club in the comp.

And below is Ben Rutten’s office as he prepares for his first season as coach ...

E2773475-5FAC-4EB7-9C93-BC212E7B6E8D.jpeg

And below is Ben Rutten’s office as he prepares for his first season as coach ...

View attachment 1019608

Dead man walking indeed, he's not "essendon enough".

He's just keeping the seat warm for hirdy.

Dead man walking indeed, he's not "essendon enough".

He's just keeping the seat warm for hirdy.

The wheels are already in motion in the usual manner.
Tom Morris recently penned an article that had Adrian’s fingerprints all over it.
Rutten will be the scapegoat for the current lists failings.
Who needs enemies with friends like these ...

1E909A60-6F1D-4870-B2A5-0FD041F69916.jpeg

But at the end of the day it's all about results
And you look at Essendons current lightweight vanilla list and you wonder where the blame sits

They decided the blame sits with Richardson. Who knows how much influence he actually had, could be true that he overstepped in regards to Shiel and Daniher as the rumour goes or it could be obfuscation for the boys club. Either way path of responsibility is clear from here. Dodoro has bought himself some undeserved time and it’s up to him to salvage a reputation other than that of abject failure.

I don’t think you get it. You should read the posts in more detail.

No rationale Essendon supporter would argue Essendon has been a poorly run club dice the early 2000’s and that’s the major component impacting in this case the efforts of list management.

However, I think many Essendon supporters are right to argue Dodoro is not the central issue leading to this poor performance and that’s where many opposition supporters don’t really understand deeply the Essendon situation. Dodoro isn’t perfect and the list has holes. Most would argue that. But he’s not the central problem.

Review the period 2012-2017, do you think the events of this period had a tangible and intangible effect on the club and its performance? That period actually saw Dodoros best work under the circumstances, a list build impacted by lost draft picks (penalties) we will never see realise its potential due to a club that has been divided throughout, mismanaged in key areas incl injury management, player development, poor game plan alignment, poor appointments in footy dept etc... This ultimately culminated in talent leaving this year (Saad - culture) and (Daniher Fantasia - injury mismanagement largely).

The whole club has failed for 15 years. It simply hasn’t provided the list management team an environment to turn its talent into strong footballers as part of a united, stable and high performing team.

In truth, no list manager would’ve thrived and realised their efforts to realise a successful outcome at Essendon the last 15 years.

Last edited:
I didn't write Caldwell off. Might or might not be a good player.

The point is, he's not the player that Essendon desperately need.

And Wright is a spud who had one adequate year when he was targeted pretty much every time they went in, and has got steadily further from adequate since.

You said he was short and implied his clearances per game would stop him being a dominant inside mid. I simply pointed out that he is actually average height and those clearance stats don't mean much so early into his career, as you can see if you compare them to players like Setterfield.
Essendon don't desperately need any one player. Dunkley would of cost us more than players like Dangerfield. As good a fit as he would of been, he is not worth two top 10 picks. We can fill multiple needs with those picks, and from what I have heard there is a lot of quality mids in next years draft. We will probably have a top 5 pick, which we would of had to include with in any Dunkley trade.

As for Wright - I just don't think he is as bad as you say. We lose basically nothing if he is a bust anyways.
You say he was targeted pretty much every time they went in, but they had Lynch for both of Peter Wright's best seasons. Since Curnow has only played 11 games in two seasons, who else have Carlton had to target besides Mckay? Casboult and McGovern? Despite that McKay hasn't done much better at the same point in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back