Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodoro clearly wants pick 7. This is how he always starts. Starts ambitious with a target in mind. That's negotiating 101.
If he asked for pick 7 and a second or third going Carlton's way, people would still say it is ambitious considering his reputation.
So he makes a ridiculous demand including pick 7 so that pick 7 becomes more reasonable than his first offer.
This is what it looks like when someone tries to sound like they know what they're talking about, but they don't.

We had money working against us that time. We have cleared about three million off the books so far this year, about 2 million of that unexpectedly, Hurley, Zaharakis and Hooker entering the last year of bloated contracts. We might have the largest war chest ever at the moment.

Have you not been following the news around North Melbourne for the last decade?

A war chest is useless when players don't want anything to do with the Club. Which I think at this stage is supported by the evidence at hand.

negligence is our bag baby. But seriously he projects well and I’d prefer to throw money at young potential stars than the likes of Shiel whose level is good but a step below what we need.

Like every other player Carlton wants to keep, he extended his current contract early. And will again.

There is no shortage of cash in the kitty to pay his new market value if he has a good year.

And as for being tempted to Essendon? He'll have plenty of opportunity to ask Adam Saad whether that is a good idea.

Yet here we are! Yeah, it would be a best case scenario but I used the points value attributed to each pick to arrive at the suggestion given it's pretty clear a 3rd club will be involved. You can't argue that constable doesn't fit essendon's needs, is surplus to geelong's and is worth something 2nd to 3rd round. Nor can you argue saad isn't worth the equivalent of something in the teens. Yeah, it's never a case of simply doing the math but is does provide a framework.

Points are a nonsense anyway, and I don't believe they add up to Essendon gaining two first rounders and Constable in any known universe.

And if they actually do, then all that has been demonstrated is that points are a nonsense.

It tells you that they should have traded him last season when his value was high the chances of getting him to change his mind in 12 months was extremely low now it’s going to cost bigtime

That's great, but it doesn't change the fact that he not leaving because of Dodoro.

The thread title should be changed from 'Football's biggest fraud' to 'Football's biggest moron.' The guy seriously has no clue and is impossible to deal with. The sooner Essendon let him go, the sooner they can change trajectory from this nightmare descent they find themselves in the last 10 years

negligence is our bag baby. But seriously he projects well and I’d prefer to throw money at young potential stars than the likes of Shiel whose level is good but a step below what we need.

To be fair, Shiel had an AA selection under his belt when you got him at age 25.

McKay on the other hand is 23 already, has played more than 13 games in a season just once in 5 years, and has one 25+ goal season (26 in 2019) to his name. He's behind schedule if he's ever going to be a star, and is still more potential than substance.

Like every other player Carlton wants to keep, he extended his current contract early. And will again.

There is no shortage of cash in the kitty to pay his new market value if he has a good year.

And as for being tempted to Essendon? He'll have plenty of opportunity to ask Adam Saad whether that is a good idea.

Apparently Saad didn’t like teammates swearing at each other. Wouldnt have fit in Hawthons Three peat. Considering he choose us, how can you trust his judgement?
To be fair, Shiel had an AA selection under his belt when you got him at age 25.

McKay on the other hand is 23 already, has played more than 13 games in a season just once in 5 years, and has one 25+ goal season (26 in 2019) to his name. He's behind schedule if he's ever going to be a star, and is still more potential than substance.

He’ll be golden. Had the equivalent of a 35 goal season this year at 1.6 a game, getting stronger towards the end of the year with 9 in his last three. He’s on track for 40 next year and then the prime years start. He’ll be an easy 2+ goal a game forward through his prime barring serious injury, that’s being conservative.

Imagine what this guy is going to want, if someone that genuinely upper echelon decides to leave the club, like a Zack Merrett.

"What's your asking price for Merrett?"

"Well he's out of contract, so we realize that diminishes our bargaining power a little bit. So i think 5 first round picks and a pick swap to upgrade our second rounder will probably be enough to get the deal done"

Seriously for the comedy value this guy provides, and the inadvertent misery he provides Essendon, lets hope this guy never changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dodoro clearly wants pick 7. This is how he always starts. Starts ambitious with a target in mind. That's negotiating 101.
If he asked for pick 7 and a second or third going Carlton's way, people would still say it is ambitious considering his reputation.
So he makes a ridiculous demand including pick 7 so that pick 7 becomes more reasonable than his first offer.

Ah yes, the classic moron's idea of smart negotiating. An approach to negotiating endorsed by everyone's drunk uncle who works in a warehouse, and laughed at by everybody who has to actually seriously negotiate for a living.

Don't get me wrong, the 'make initial outlandish demands strategy and bargain down' strategy can work - if you know you are also dealing with a weak idiot who is not willing to walk away from a bad deal. Like when Dodoro bent St Kilda over.

But if you're not dealing with an idiot, this type of negotiating makes you the idiot.

Just curious...

If Dons did not have a "weakened negotiating hand" what do you think would be the trade requested /demanded in that case ? Also what do you REALLY think is fair and reasonable, now?

Importantly, is there any chance Saad, could 'falls in luvz with Essendon again', in the next 3-4 weeks?
(What if Dodo hires one of those big bed bordello places and has a John Lennon & Yoko Ono type luv in and cuddle up?)

If not (no luvz there) and he got the Danihers disease , do you think he would walk to draft if no compromise deal reached?
Points are a nonsense anyway, and I don't believe they add up to Essendon gaining two first rounders and Constable in any known universe.

And if they actually do, then all that has been demonstrated is that points are a nonsense.

dismissing something created over a period of time by people far more intelligent than us because it doesnt suit your position sounds pretty close to nonsense if you ask me

There you go.... good to see some content!

I guess the "will enter the draft if not traded out" is not a huff and puff way of saying please get me to where I want to go.

I am absolutely prepared to concede him being out of contract weakens the negotiating hand but am also certain for the welfare of their new recruit Carlton will want this done in trade week and not just wait to the PSD. You're first, or at the very least next years first will be involved

First after we swap 7 and 27 for 13 and 16 with Geelong. Then Essendon get 13. That's fair. In the end it'll be take it or see you in the PSD.

Unprofessional football club with an awful list manager. Tries to be the tough gut then missed 2 first rounders last year with Daniher, now lose him for bugger all, stupid!!!! Put together an ordinary list, getting the wrong players, hence not winning a final for 5500 days, useless!!!

How does this twat still have a job.

Nah, I try not to get carried away with our kids as I've been burnt too many times, but this bloke could be an absolute ******* weapon. But yes, all potential.

First after we swap 7 and 27 for 13 and 16 with Geelong. Then Essendon get 13. That's fair. In the end it'll be take it or see you in the PSD.
Agree that is fair but the potential stumbling block for that is Geelong would want 6 & 7.... they have two local kids they will want in the draft and will need both picks for that! I can only see them getting involved for both.

Ah yes, the classic moron's idea of smart negotiating. An approach to negotiating endorsed by everyone's drunk uncle who works in a warehouse, and laughed at by everybody who has to actually seriously negotiate for a living.

Don't get me wrong, the 'make initial outlandish demands strategy and bargain down' strategy can work - if you know you are also dealing with a weak idiot who is not willing to walk away from a bad deal. Like when Dodoro bent St Kilda over.

But if you're not dealing with an idiot, this type of negotiating makes you the idiot.
It’s about relationships generally and building trust. Something more underlined and important when your interactions are going to be likely over multiple years/transactions

I'm sure I'm late to the party, and I don't wanna give The Age any credit, but...

If as reported Dodo is seriously asking for Walsh, or DeKoning+7, he's putting himself out there as a complete tyre-kicking dinosaur.

I'm sure I'm late to the party, and I don't wanna give The Age any credit, but...

If as reported Dodo is seriously asking for Walsh, or DeKoning+7, he's putting himself out there as a complete tyre-kicking dinosaur.
Surely not. He’s got no leverage as Saad will simply elect for the PSD if he doesn’t get there through the trade period.
I like the previous poster’s idea of trading 7 to Geelong for 13 and giving Essendon pick 13. That to me sounds about right.

dismissing something created over a period of time by people far more intelligent than us because it doesnt suit your position sounds pretty close to nonsense if you ask me

I didn't.

You actually believe that real trades are points driven (unless points are needed for a secondary, artificial purpose)?

Wow. I have a bridge in Sydney you might be interested in buying.

I like the previous poster’s idea of trading 7 to Geelong for 13 and giving Essendon pick 13. That to me sounds about right.

I'm assuming you're referring to splitting our pick for two of theirs, but yeah, seems logical. Reckon most Carlton supporters are happy to arrange a late first.

But if the reality is that Dodo is making these sorts of demands then it's gonna end up a mess. They're so far off the mark it'd have to be embarrassing for Essendon as a club. My money is still on The Age exaggerating demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back