AFL 2017 Second Semi Final, Geelong Cats v Sydney Swans 19:50 AEST : Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Not liking the booing of Franklin by Geelong supporters. Perhaps racially based?

I know Geelong supporters were very upset last week when they were booed onto the ground as a team unit. But to target one individual player, as they have tonight, is poor form.

It was not racially based. They would've done the same if they were playing North and Ben Brown was having that shot.

Not liking the booing of Franklin by Geelong supporters. Perhaps racially based?

I know Geelong supporters were very upset last week when they were booed onto the ground as a team unit. But to target one individual player, as they have tonight, is poor form.

WTF?

Swans were cooked.
Apart from Buddy this is a poor excuse for the rest of the team. They had a week off 2 weeks ago followed by a soft final last week - they should have been fresh as paint last night.

They were simply out-played to a man and horribly out-coached last night. Geelong were brilliant in developing a plan to stifle Sydney and executing it to perfection.

GEE fans. Just accept that the bulk of club finals will be in Melbourne. It sucks but that's the way it is. The Premiership needs to be won on the MCG anyway. Playing finals on the narrow KP can't be the best preparation, even though it gives a better chance for progression. That's not always guaranteed though considering FRE knocked them over there a few years back.

Good win, and great way to bounce back. Onto ADE now. Looking forward to it

Gees you richmond supporters are stupid. Geelong is not from melbourne regardless of how long they have been punished by being forced to plat finals at the mcg.

Lol so every other club has to give up their suburban grounds but the cats. Kissed on the dick by the AFL and still complain hysterically about how unfair the comp is. Never seen anything like it in the history of professional sport

Lol so every other club has to give up their suburban grounds but the cats. Kissed on the dick by the AFL and still complain hysterically about how unfair the comp is. Never seen anything like it in the history of professional sport

I know posting into week 3 of the finals is a novelty for your mob, but can you pull your heads in a little bit?

Go and post on the Richmond board or something - I'm not sure there's anything worse than whinging about someone else's whinging, current situation noted.

What a fantastic read. Starts off so full of hope, you can almost see the hatred of Geelong dripping off every post. Transitions beautifully into an umpire whinge fest before the realisation that we're just too bloody good kicks in.

What an amazing club.

I know it's like last week has mysteriously disappeared from history

I know posting into week 3 of the finals is a novelty for your mob, but can you pull your heads in a little bit?

Go and post on the Richmond board or something - I'm not sure there's anything worse than whinging about someone else's whinging, current situation noted.

You're right I should leave this thread solely to self-entitled cats supporters

GWS got their head kicked in by the press a couple of weeks ago with their insipid performance against the Crows. Compare it to last nights commentary of the Swans. Chalk & cheese. I knew the Swans were a protected species, but Jesus Christ. No criticism collectively or individually from the channel 7 'commentary' team. Clearly a directive. What a wonderful alternate reality the Swans get to live in - all butterflies & rainbows. The most pathetic effort in many a season, but hey, it's no big deal, there'll be more finals next year. Haven't you heard? We're in the finals every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that Geelong side showed up last week your mob would have got beaten.

I thought that was pretty interesting.
That Geelong side only showed up because the other team didnt. Clearly you didnt watch the game.

This week they had
130 uncontested marks.
+ 110 touches
and still +7 tackles

Last week they had
58 uncontested marks
+ 1 disposals.
+ 1 tackle

Almost like one team put on so little pressure that they managed to have over 100 less touches and less tackles.
Only twice did Cats have over 100 uncontested marks this year. Once in an 11 goal win against 16th placed Carlton in round 19 when they had given up on the season and last night.
Watch last weeks Gelong come back when Adelaide bring the pressure again.

Sometimes in a final you have 2-3 players off their game and you get beaten. Other times, you have 17-18 players off their game and you get pumped by 10 goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s**t post. The argument is about the teams that have the extra weeks break.

Post again when both Adelaide and Richmond make the gf or if not, one of them win it.

Point still stands.. not easy to win 3 finals in a row to make the GF. Top 4 still have the advantage of losing 1 and still playing a home final.

Has anyone been pinged for deliberate from a spoil before? Serious question

Are you talking about the Hawkins one? If so, I don't think that was deliberate, it was out on the full, and he was given a 50 for punching the ball away when he should have either left it, or given it to his opponent. Same as knocking it away after any free kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back