Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 5 - Pies v Bombers Fri July 3rd 7:50pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Man the bombers have hardly missed a set shot the past 2 weeks, not counting Townsend’s just falling short which was on line.

* me Collingwood have been pathetic. People have pilloried WC and Richmond but this is a new level of s**t for a supposed good team.

Five points in 2.5 quarters of footy, when your opponent has kicked 8.2?! Unbelievably s**t.

God I hate games like these when Stringer plays well as a forward.

Because invariably soon he'll be "thrown into the midfield" AGAIN and be completely average at best with maybe 1 or 2 highlight run and carries but overall lost at stoppages. While as a forward he plays in front, has craft with his teammates and is good overhead, on the run and at ground level. It's the same with De Goey. Way better as a forward than a mid.

If he got a continuous role in the forward line again for an entire season he'll be in the AA team again in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God I hate games like these when Stringer plays well as a forward.

Because invariably soon he'll be "thrown into the midfield" AGAIN and be completely average at best with maybe 1 or 2 highlight run and carries but overall lost at stoppages. While as a forward he plays in front, has craft with his teammates and is good overhead, on the run and at ground level. It's the same with De Goey. Way better as a forward than a mid.

If he got a continuous role in the forward line again for an entire season he'll be in the AA team again in the future.

His problem is consistency. Plays one great game out of every 3 or 4, is a luxury player rather than a pillar of your team.

Also impressive from Essendon to have played so well without anything from Zaharakis (Stringer could have marked and kicked his goal anyway), Fantasia, and Laverde.

Shiel, McGrath, Ridley, Tippa and Saad carrying a lot of weight for those above mids and flankers.

Back