Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 23 - Dogs v Port Fri August 20th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

3A52CD35-3280-4CEA-BD28-F1677CA76AFC.png
4TH V 3RD

AFL 2021 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 23
WESTERN BULLDOGS V PORT ADELAIDE
FRIDAY AUGUST 20TH 7:50PM EST (MARVEL) TBC

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM

$1000 IN CASH PRIZES

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

BULLDOGS

B: Duryea, Keath, Williams
HB: Wood, Cordy, Dale
C: Dunkley, Treloar, Hunter
HF: Daniel, Young, Smith
F: Liberatore, Naughton, Weightman
FOLL: English, Macrae, Bontempelli

I/C: Johannisen, Hannan, Vandermeer, Smith
EMG: Schache, McNeil, Richards, Scott

IN: Smith
OUT: Garcia (omitted), Scott (sub)

POWER
B: Burton, McKenzie, Aliir
HB: Bergman, Jonas, Byrne-Jones
C: Duursma, Wines, Houston
HF: Amon, Georgiades, Butters
F: Gray, Dixon, Rozee
FOLL: Lycett, Boak, Drew

I/C: Marshall, Bonner, Motlop, Ladhams
EMG: Mayes, Clurey, Powell-Pepper, Lienert

IN: McKenzie, Motlop
OUT: Clurey, Mayes (both omitted), Fantasia (injured)

Last edited:
tipping port only because its not finals i feel dogs will do better in the finals but this is a h and a game so ill tip the power

Massive implications for the Dogs if they drop this. Top 4 out of their hands. They’d be devastated after the season they’ve had. If Essendon can play properly against Collingwood and avoid an upset they will probably hang on to 8th, setting up a huge EF against the WB if the Dogs lose.

I think the Bruce out is huge. A guy that’s kicked 50 this year is so important for them. They are forced to use Hannan up forward which isn’t ideal, or English which takes away from their ruck division. The Dogs will have to revert to a really aggressive and pressure based forward line of medium players if they are to not compromise their ruck power.

I think they’ll respond. Overall they are too good a side to lose three in a row. Beverage will be working hard this week to get his structure right. Dogs still have a really good core.

WB by 19.

Massive implications for the Dogs if they drop this. Top 4 out of their hands. They’d be devastated after the season they’ve had. If Essendon can play properly against Collingwood and avoid an upset they will probably hang on to 8th, setting up a huge EF against the WB if the Dogs lose.

I think the Bruce out is huge. A guy that’s kicked 50 this year is so important for them. They are forced to use Hannan up forward which isn’t ideal, or English which takes away from their ruck division. The Dogs will have to revert to a really aggressive and pressure based forward line of medium players if they are to not compromise their ruck power.

I think they’ll respond. Overall they are too good a side to lose three in a row. Beverage will be working hard this week to get his structure right. Dogs still have a really good core.

WB by 19.
This is the biggest thing I think.

It's looking more likely than unlikely that Stefan Martin will play on Friday night which hugely helps out structure.

Who have you got you could play as a big man? What are you reserve talls like?
Not great. We've really only got English, Sweet (Shown a little but not a lot and will not play finals) and Martin (Ideal #1 ruck but older than my nonna).

In saying that, if Martin can stand up for the remaining games of the season (however many there are - hopefully 5) then I think English could play the Josh Bruce role.

We also have Jamarra but he's very clearly not ready for the pressure of finals, Josh Schache who's likely to play as a third defender (and who I'd pick to assist Martin in the ruck - allowing English to play forward), and Lewis Young who's just not a very good footballer.

WB by 19.

It's been our midfield that has been s**t the last couple weeks. We basically went the year without losing the clearance battle through the centre and the last 2 weeks had our pants pulled down. Praying it's a heavy training load or something.

Dogs top 2 from rounds 1 to 20

and could miss top 4

insane
In 2004 with two rounds to go Melbourne were sitting top 2 and come end of season they finished 5th, knocked out by Essendon in the first week.

History may be repeating for the dogs this time around, to lose this week and finish 5th, and be knocked out by Essendon, would be a choke of epic proportions.

Port will win this game by 22 points, they are peaking at the absolute right time. Two home finals in Adelaide, and possibly the GF too, they'll be hard to stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Godspeed Port Adelaide - may Charlie Dixon kick bags this weekend and may Ken’s supply of coke no sugar be plentiful.

The key to the Dogs fortunes rests with Martin. If he returns it allows English to play forward and it'll stretch the Power defence.

Back