Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 1 - Demons v Dogs Wed March 16th 7:10 AEDT (MCG) Footy is BACK!

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 42 44.2%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect the Dogs will be wound up after the drawing and quartering last year. And Dees may have lost a bit of edge now that they are the champs. It should make the game much more competitive.

Dees by 6 goals, in a slow canter at the end.

Although he does spud it up at times, his selection was somewhat vindicated by his performances in the Elimination and Prelim finals.
His elimination final was really great, but he's 28 and that's the best game he's played by a mile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone having trouble forwarding tickets for GA for this game. Bulldog H/A member. Not working iPhone nor Galaxy.

How good is the season opening with two really good sides? GF rematch or not, pretty safe to say the annual Richmond/Carlton blowout has been a disappointment for so many years. Am expecting tomorrow night to be a cracker this year, given both sides are probably in the race for a lower top eight spot, but having a game like this to kick things off is just so much better.

Honestly I'm expecting the Dogs to get us. I do think the Dees players are just a shade too confident and I think we'll have a slow start. Doesn't mean much going into the pointy end as long as we don't do a Hawthorn 09.

Never rated Hannan and thought it was a mistake to bring him in, but on those 2 games alone my opinion on him turned completely. Fingers crossed he can sustain that level because the gap between his (new) best and worst is quite large. I think the Essendon final was his best at this level.
He won't sustain it, he's just not that kind of player. Doesn't mean he's no good, he's just been inconsistent his whole career.

3/6 backs from our GF team are out and we might leak some goals as we did against Carlton in the warm up.
I know the bulldogs are more hard done by than any other team, backs against the wall world against them. I’m not trying to get sympathy just an observation I apologise.
Lol, nah were not the Weagles ;)

How good is the season opening with two really good sides? GF rematch or not, pretty safe to say the annual Richmond/Carlton blowout has been a disappointment for so many years. Am expecting tomorrow night to be a cracker this year, given both sides are probably in the race for a lower top eight spot, but having a game like this to kick things off is just so much better.

Honestly I'm expecting the Dogs to get us. I do think the Dees players are just a shade too confident and I think we'll have a slow start. Doesn't mean much going into the pointy end as long as we don't do a Hawthorn 09.
Or a dogs 17 ;)

Don’t be salty mate
not saty, Im still happy about '16, just a reality check, you guys were KOD re injurys last year and you all know it. Just means the footy gods were on your side for a change, but you cant expect it to continue and injurys will bring you guys bck to the pack. Any team with the lack of injuries your lot enjoyed last year should win. And you did, fair play.

Not sure the fuss about the fixture. People seem to find a way to winge about any time or day. Suck it up dees supporters it’s a primetime fixture and it should draw a big crowd.

I think it's fair to whinge about a Wednesday night game lol and ofc it should draw a big crowd, a Vic club just won its first flag in 60 years and didn't win it in Melbourne, you could play it at 3am and it would still draw a crowd. It's essentially the Dees fans GF party. Not to mention Dogs fans and neutrals should also be keen.

Time is rubbish, match up is excellent. Purely for the broadcaster, not for the fans.

Every chance this match has a bigger margin than the annual 20-30 point win the Tigers get

Every chance this match has a bigger margin than the annual 20-30 point win the Tigers get
Not the point. Everybody knows Carlton are no chance. This one is as likely to be as tight as any match up could be, despite the GF blow out.

Went on to say 'interesting to see if he lines up on a wing like named or on the bench'

I mean wtf? Talk about doubling down on his bullshit

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Acting like we're still in the 70s lol he'll be on in 4 minutes anyway if he starts on the bench.

I also don't get why Lachie Hunter being dropped is a big deal. He's a solid senior player who's had better years in the past, but is pretty clearly the last you'd pick out of Bont, Macrae, Dunkley, Libba, Smith, Treloar to me? I mean I'd still say he's best 22 yes but I just don't think it's as dramatic as Morris made out if he were to be dropped. Bevo will make plenty of bigger calls this season alone!

Back