Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 10 - Cats v Port Sat May 21st 1:45pm EST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely the effective tackle comes before the in the back.
That was one of those 50/50 calls
Both frees are legitimate.

Ideal would've been a ball up. But there, one group of fans is gonna bitch either way (And rightfully so)

If a vic team copped just one of the horrendous calls, not the contentious 50/50 calls I mean the outrageous calls, that port copped today the media would be all over it during the week.

A team cops 2 of the outrageous calls we copped today there would be an insane furore kicked up.

We’ve copped dozens of horrendous calls today, the types that most clubs cop 4-8 of in their entire season, we cop thst many in one game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Pussy Cats but you must be the greatest free kick winners on earth, Tom Hawkins must have statistics that tell that his goal scoring prowess is mainly because of the free kicks he wins, for arm knocking over the shoulder or some other kind of bulldust free the ump can pick out.
TOM IS NOT TO BLAME FOR BEING THE BEST FREE KICK GOAL SCORER GOING AROUND , EXCEPT WHEN HE MARKS 9 METRE KICKS OR PUSHES AN OPPOPNENT CLEAN IN THE BACK BUT GETS NOTHING BUT A SHOT AT GOAL. sorry for the caps accident.
But I saw Tom get a goal while both players were contesting but Hawkins is that wide that really the free kick name for Tom Hawkins should be made as Tom free kick because his opponent tried to defend against him.
Now why doesn't Franklin get those frees, last night he caught two Carlton blokes clean as a whistle and got nothing , NOTHING,
bUT tOM hAWKINS ONLY HAS TO RUN AT THE BALL AND GETS A FREE.
I THINK THAT THE DEFENDER SHOULD GET SOME LEWAY IN THE WAY THE UMPIRES CAN EASILY PICK A FREE FOR tOM BECAUSE IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME, TOO MANY FREE KICKS, FROM DEFENDING, OH bloody caps again. After Toms adventures I saw two or three frees in a row to Geelong now outdoing the WCE as the umpires favourite colour , or what ever it is that gets this club frees.
Then you see Tom later in that quarter appealing for a deliberate , really, does Scott train these boys to hunt free kicks down, ALL CLUBS DO IT, to a degree , but not like Geelong, and Selwood definitely practices free kick gathering by arm up shoulder drop and Dangermouse gets frees come out of his ears!!!
When will we get some help for defenders, because the idea of defending is to punch the ball away from the forward who usually playing to his team mates kick, who is usually in FRONT!
Surely the defender has to be given some allowances to hit a shoulder or an arm because it is UNFAIR.
Now don't get me wrong Tom is a great kick and can play the game really well, buthe has to have the limit as best goals numbers from frees.
In fact the whole AFL has too many goals from free kicks, and we know the gambling industry is burying itself in the AFL I wonder if there's big dough out for Scotts last harrah!
This is contravercial hey? Give it some comments. No don't get angry it happens to all defenders now!

Surely that had to be “play on” kicked about 1 metre to the left of the mark. Yeah it makes it a slightly tougher angle, but avoids kicking over the man on the mark
I thought moving away from the goal was allowed once the siren went.

Oh look Port is playing a decent team and can't win, who would've thought. Apparently they were back after beating the Roos and West Coast lol

Nope.
They mandated that you kick over the mark after the Pies and Saints sooked years ago because of franklin
But once the siren goes you can move off your line to snap around your body. As long as you don't advance to open up the angle. I'm thinking same theory here.

Back