Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 1 - Cats v Pies Fri March 17th 7:40pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 41 33.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong-vs-Coll.png

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 1
GEELONG V COLLINGWOOD
FRIDAY MARCH 17TH 7:40PM AEDT (MCG)

CLICK HERE :arrowright: JOIN TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY'S OWN SYSTEM

CF953DB5-3AA4-4181-9C98-45306F447E81.png

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

Cats

B: O’Connor, De Koning, Ratugolea
HB: Smith, Stewart, Z.Guthrie
C: Blicavs, Holmes, Tuohy
HF: Stengle, Cameron, Miers
F: Henry, Hawkins, Rohan
FOL: Stanley, C.Guthrie, Dangerfield

I/C: Bews, Atkins, Bruhn, Close
EMG: Ceglar, Simpson, Parfitt, Whyte

Pies
B: Quaynor, Howe, Maynard
HB: Hoskin-Elliott, Moore, N.Daicos
C: Noble, Crisp, Sidebottom
HF: Mitchell, De Goey, Hill
F: Mihocek, Elliott, McStay
FOL: Cameron, J.Daicos, Adams

I/C: Pendlebury, McCreery, Murphy, Cox
EMG: Frampton, McInnes, Carmichael, Markov

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Last edited:

We will be doing well to win this match. Looks as if all of Hawkins, Henry & Duncan will be out. But I’ll say Geelong by 6 points.

I hope Collingwood have found an answer for Jeremy Cameron. He was the difference against us in last year's Qualifying Final.

I hope we win purely to keep our winning streak alive but just like 2022 I see our first few weeks starting slow before we start ramping up. Pies by 20

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats midfield will run over the Pies. They might struggle with options to goal with Hawk and J Henry out but I feel if they have Rohan Cameron and Stengle that will be enough to get the job done.

We will be doing well to win this match. Looks as if all of Hawkins, Henry & Duncan will be out. But I’ll say Geelong by 6 points.

Agree, and even at full strength for the QF we just got over the line against them.

I think Pies will win this one, unless Cameron kicks 6 again like the H&A game last year.

Yes I am.
Understandable given how negative I was for years in there.
That's a bit harsh, I think everyone should still be welcome. Didn't always agree with your points but there were some frustrating near misses before the flag.

Anyway regarding the match, it wouldn't surprise me if Geelong are a bit slow out of the gate and lacking the firepower up front to repel the highly motivated Pies. The injury list is a bit concerning even if a couple of them manage to get up for the game. Especially if Mr Cameron is stuck on new Dad duties.

That's a bit harsh, I think everyone should still be welcome. Didn't always agree with your points but there were some frustrating near misses before the flag.
It's not so much that, more like Old Mate didn't actually seem like a Cats supporter at all. All over the board when he lost or suffered some setback, and would disappear when we won.

Thinks the outs will be similar if De Goey gets suspended which seems 50:50. Ginnivan, De Goey and Lipinski weakens us a bit. Neither team have been strong in the pre season games overall. Geelong favorites but wont surprise if we get up.

Back