Covid 19 (OPEN DISCUSSION)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure they were getting tested at least twice a week during the season, quite a few players mentioned it interviews. Quite a few teams have jumped on the rapid tests that have recently come out as well, I think you'll find they'll all end up doing them before any training session etc where players come together.
That may well happen. It would be a fair cost to the AFL/clubs for all of those tests and I wonder in the AFLPA would be happy with it.

If the AFL policy was primarily focused on stopping Covid spread they would be testing players daily. The vaccine mandate policy is just so they can show state governments they're 'doing something' and be allowed to continue their competition.

Smart from a business POV but don't believe they're really interested in the health of the players or protecting the rest of the population from Covid.
Players in quarantine were getting testing every day. Watch the Amazon doco.

The clinical proof is there for all to see. First in the CLINICAL trials, but also in the real world for nearly a year now. Or is it all just a MSM conspiracy?

The real world proof of what is happening is indeed there for all to see. Unfortunately the standard reporting of it is 'doctored'.

Israel is now up to the fourth jab, not the second. This is due to infection spikes continuing to occur alongside high rates of 'double vaccination'.

There is also plenty of evidence, again generally unreported, that indicates systemic oversight and active denigration of early stage anti-viral treatments. This has directly enabled patentable vaccines to be positioned as the singular 'silver bullet' response. There is already formal contemplation of the outlook of quarterly shots being needed going forward.

But let's accept all of that because we've been stirred into a frenzy?
Heart disease kills and disables way more people than Covid19. Where's the ban on McDonalds et al advertising to impressionable youth demographics? The list of similar socially injurious governance 'oversights' is encyclopaedic.

The overall situation is grotesquely disproportionate and innately disingenuous. That can be reasonably and readily identified and understood from the full extent of relevant evidence. That stands without any need for belief in an over-arching global conspiracy. The basis of it all can simply and effectively be bog-standard corporate conspiracy to corruptly engineer advantage from opportunity in conjunction with banal politicians manoeuvring to best suit their abysmal need to maintain convenience and electoral image.

The real world proof of what is happening is indeed there for all to see. Unfortunately the standard reporting of it is 'doctored'.

Israel is now up to the fourth jab, not the second. This is due to infection spikes continuing to occur alongside high rates of 'double vaccination'.

There is also plenty of evidence, again generally unreported, that indicates systemic oversight and active denigration of early stage anti-viral treatments. This has directly enabled patentable vaccines to be positioned as the singular 'silver bullet' response. There is already formal contemplation of the outlook of quarterly shots being needed going forward.

But let's accept all of that because we've been stirred into a frenzy?
Heart disease kills and disables way more people than Covid19. Where's the ban on McDonalds et al advertising to impressionable youth demographics? The list of similar socially injurious governance 'oversights' is encyclopaedic.

The overall situation is grotesquely disproportionate and innately disingenuous. That can be reasonably and readily identified and understood from the full extent of relevant evidence. That stands without any need for belief in an over-arching global conspiracy. The basis of it all can simply and effectively be bog-standard corporate conspiracy to corruptly engineer advantage from opportunity in conjunction with banal politicians manoeuvring to best suit their abysmal need to maintain convenience and electoral image.

You understand eating McDonald's is a choice and you coughing on me and infecting me with Covid isn't, right?

You understand eating McDonald's is a choice and you coughing on me and infecting me with Covid isn't, right?

Isn't it a choice?

I mean you chose to stand that close - or go to somewhere where social distancing wasn't possible.

The whole 'choice' argument can be taken to the n'th degree about anything. The whole of life is choice - with different laws, rules, recommendations or personal desires taking us in different directions.

I hope the whole country gets to 95% or 99% vax rates (I'm doing my bit) - but I also hope that governments and corporations worldwide are held accountable for putting financial decisions ahead of health outcomes in many/most situations over the past 18-months.

Isn't it a choice?

I mean you chose to stand that close - or go to somewhere where social distancing wasn't possible.

The whole 'choice' argument can be taken to the n'th degree about anything. The whole of life is choice - with different laws, rules, recommendations or personal desires taking us in different directions.

I hope the whole country gets to 95% or 99% vax rates (I'm doing my bit) - but I also hope that governments and corporations worldwide are held accountable for putting financial decisions ahead of health outcomes in many/most situations over the past 18-months.

'Your choice to stand close to someone', really? My choice to touch the door handle to open a door too I suppose? Or breathe the air around me? Maybe 95% of those vaccinated in a public space makes the risk acceptable to me. If I happen to get sick from a vaccinated person then so be it, no vaccine is 100% effective after all.

If I get sick because some numpty chooses to believe some conspiracy theory instead of years' worth of medical and scientific data then I'll be pretty pissed. Yes, those people are the ones that can be inconvenienced by their 'choice', not the rest of us because we chose to do the right thing.

Why should the majority be inconvenienced for the few do to their uninformed 'choice'?

You're missing the fact that vaccinated people spread the virus as well as the unvaccinated.

So regardless of your vax status you will still endanger the people you have listed.
I'm sorry, what?

Vaccinated = fewer symptoms = less coughing and spluttering = less transmission.

Surely that isn't difficult to grasp?

I'm sorry, what?

Vaccinated = fewer symptoms = less coughing and spluttering = less transmission.

Surely that isn't difficult to grasp?

Well, that isn't entirely correct.

Vaccinated = less likely to be symptomatic

But once symptomatic, the jury is very much out on whether viral loads, transmission rates etc are reduced.

So yes - the vaccine reduces transmission overall because less people get sick - but at this stage the advice should very much still be stay at home if you have covid as you can make others sick - quite likely equally whether you have the vax or not.

all the lockdowns, distancing and mask mandates were predicated on the idea asymptomatic spread being a driving factor. you can't have it both ways.

Well, that isn't entirely correct.

Vaccinated = less likely to be symptomatic

But once symptomatic, the jury is very much out on whether viral loads, transmission rates etc are reduced.

So yes - the vaccine reduces transmission overall because less people get sick - but at this stage the advice should very much still be stay at home if you have covid as you can make others sick - quite likely equally whether you have the vax or not.
You should be staying at home if you're infectious with any kind of illness really.

I worked in hospitality for 17 years and we all used to constantly go in sick. When I was a casual it was because no work = no money. When I was fulltime, it was generally because you were letting the team down if you didn't go in as you always run on barebones staffing because the margins to make money are so thin.

It wasn't until I went to work once with a cold and passed it the head chef when I realised (after him saying to stop ******* coming in sick) the impact it had on my colleagues, as well as customers.

If you are contagious, you should be staying at home, regardless of what you have.

If you must go out, wear a mask and carry disinfectant with you. Anything else is selfish, because you're putting your convenience above the health and wellbeing of others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should be staying at home if you're infectious with any kind of illness really.

I worked in hospitality for 17 years and we all used to constantly go in sick. When I was a casual it was because no work = no money. When I was fulltime, it was generally because you were letting the team down if you didn't go in as you always run on barebones staffing because the margins to make money are so thin.

It wasn't until I went to work once with a cold and passed it the head chef when I realised (after him saying to stop ******* coming in sick) the impact it had on my colleagues, as well as customers.

If you are contagious, you should be staying at home, regardless of what you have.

If you must go out, wear a mask and carry disinfectant with you. Anything else is selfish, because you're putting your convenience above the health and wellbeing of others.

100% agree. If any good can come of a global pandemic, hopefully it is that people should learn to stay home when sick - and employers or governments should support them to do so.

Yeah, I mean those guys sure know that Paedophiles are excluded from places/jobs that are related to children, right?
Maybe it's just the hidden nature of it, in that you can't tell by looking at someone whether they are currently vaccinated, similarly you can't tell by looking at someone whether they are currently pedophiling.

Petracca could have been pedopiling at the 2 minute mark of the third quarter in the grand final, and you wouldn't know.

100% agree. If any good can come of a global pandemic, hopefully it is that people should learn to stay home when sick - and employers or governments should support them to do so.
That's so true. I think so many people have realised now that it's not ok to keep going about your daily routine when you can make others ill. If I have to go out in public when I have a cold from now on (after we get back to 'normal' obviously), I'll be keeping it minimal and wearing a mask/carrying sanitiser with me. Otherwise, I'll just stay home as to not make others sick.

very much a wake up call for things we've oft ignored.

I'd love to have the same faith, but unless employers enforce exclusion and offer support for sick personnel then it won't happen.

I've just changed companies to remain in the same job (contractor didn't renew a sub-contractor's contract, but retained most of their staff), and had leave cashed out. There' s a few of my co-workers that have been pushing the boundaries of coming to work sick in the past month.

The pandemic could have been a catalyst for massive changes in the way people work, but Australia has stuck with the status quo for the most part, and businesses are keen to get everyone back in the office and back to 2019.

It's bizzare to me to think people don't stay home when they are sick.

I stay home when I feel I'm the slightest bit sick...paid days off I mean wtf lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back