Covid 19 (OPEN DISCUSSION)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I could keep going but the points I have made don't seem to prove my assertion at all so I'll back peddle by claiming to be in the wrong thread.

If you want to talk corruption and incompetence, the current federal government would be a better place to look.

If you want to talk corruption and incompetence, the current federal government would be a better place to look.

Rubbish. If they were so guilty of corruption and incompetence then why hasn’t the federal anti-corruption body done anything about it?

Rubbish. If they were so guilty of corruption and incompetence then why hasn’t the federal anti-corruption body done anything about it?
Boggles my mind that Labor can't come up with a coherent argument in favour of an Independent corruption watchdog. Like what reason do politicians have to be opposed to a corruption watchdog unless they are intending to or are already engaging in corruption? Instead they just sit there and let the Coalition whinge about the ICAC (both the NSW ICAC and the proposed federal ICAC) as if it's some left-wing hit squad even though we were all able to watch the videos of the Berejiklian inquiry and listen to the obvious corruption on the recorded phone conversations.

Boggles my mind that Labor can't come up with a coherent argument in favour of an Independent corruption watchdog. Like what reason do politicians have to be opposed to a corruption watchdog unless they are intending to or are already engaging in corruption? Instead they just sit there and let the Coalition whinge about the ICAC (both the NSW ICAC and the proposed federal ICAC) as if it's some left-wing hit squad even though we were all able to watch the videos of the Berejiklian inquiry and listen to the obvious corruption on the recorded phone conversations.
At the risk of infuriating Badge further … I don’t think it matters how coherent an argument the opposition puts up, it’s not getting through the current parliament.

I am just trying to figure out how bad she is. Was she incompetent enough to let the virus get out of hand because she responded to community transmission by being too slow to lock down and impose movement restrictions in the State, and kept open places like Ikea and luxury jewellery shops so that the virus could spread even more, thereby resulting in hundreds of deaths in her own State and significant economic damage due to the multi-month lockdown that followed the slow initial response (not to mention the virus spreading into adjacent States since her government continued to allow people in Covid areas to continue to travel intra and interstate)? Was she so corrupt that she had to resign from office because she previously, in her role as Treasurer, intervened to funnel several million dollars of taxpayer money to a skeet shooting club in her secret boyfriend's electorate, despite the club having been repeatedly rejected for this grant because the club provided minimal benefit to the community?
Sydney was not keeping COVID out with an earlier lockdown. At the same time Victoria was trying everything they could do maintain COVID zero and they failed. I think the dense populations in our two largest cities meant it was impossible once there was community spread, as contact tracing couldn't keep up.

The corruption around the grants is inexcusable though.

Well I could keep going but the points I have made don't seem to prove my assertion at all so I'll back peddle by claiming to be in the wrong thread.

the tin foil thread for nutters, drop in every few days for a laugh. Stay longer and you could become part of the nutterdom

When speaking about the double vaccination mandate for AFL players, he also said: “It’s everyone’s individual situation and choice. So if a player doesn’t want to do it, that’s fine, that’s their decision. You shouldn’t be able to lose your employment.”

Warren - Just like your choice to not get vaccinated, your employer has a choice not to employ people who choose not to get vaccinated.

Meanwhile on the conspiracy board, Chief's shutdown the COVID thread thre

I wonder if this will lead to to spilling out to other areas of the site now

Last edited:

Dangerous to health = end of the Subway and drinks threads?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully a site-wide move :thumbsu:

Dangerous to health = end of the Subway and drinks threads?
Hopefully it means the end of some of the dodgier pop-up ads.

Some of those toys that get advertised could be very dangerous to health if used incorrectly.

“There was some of this sort of stuff around during the early Aids days, but because of social media now there is much more of it.”

Makes you wonder what social media would have been like in the early AIDS days. Pretty goddamn toxic, would be my guess.

“There was some of this sort of stuff around during the early Aids days, but because of social media now there is much more of it.”

Makes you wonder what social media would have been like in the early AIDS days. Pretty goddamn toxic, would be my guess.
Sorry, completely off topic, but all I thought of was Team America.

"We are dealing with people who have unfortunately gone down a rabbit-hole. The delusion they are going through is extraordinary."

Article

Sounds like 0.3% of people on this particular thread.
Wait, did you say 0.3% of people or 0.3 people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back