Covid 19 (OPEN DISCUSSION)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many football players have not had a pain killing injection without question?

Hell, virtually an entire AFL team took supplements and had injections without questioning what it even was they were being given. Just took it.

Now they’re going to raise concerns?

Ideally a) it shouldn’t be mandatory because b) they’d all take it voluntarily. Unfortunately because b) doesn’t happen, a) becomes necessary

Ideally a) it shouldn’t be mandatory because b) they’d all take it voluntarily. Unfortunately because b) doesn’t happen, a) becomes necessary

Can’t wait til my kids start telling me that it’s a breach of their inalienable human rights and that I can’t technically force them to ingest Brussel Sprouts.
There’s a line and you just crossed it

No child should be forced to eat Brussel sprouts

No need for talk like that mate, if someone disagrees with you it’s their right. No justification to imply idiocy.

It's ok anyone who questions the ethical, safe and legal basis for mandating a vaccine that has been tested for 12 months and is still in trials phases and fast tracked for use but still has people dying of covid despite having the vaccine and requiring booster shots because it doesn't work properly is apparently stupid....go figure

There’s no mandated 10 year period. That’s just how long the whole process tends to take. It was cut down in this case because of (a) the pressing need and (b) the fact the virus was so closely related to an existing virus allowing them to get a jump start.

That’s only an issue if there’s likely to be long term effects, which there isn’t, because the vaccine is designed to work off a short sharp jab. It doesn’t hang around and build up. As outlined in the NatGeo article.

If you’re still worried about ten-years-from-now-Smotie, don’t take it. And wear the consequences of that in the next six months, then feel free to laugh when our livers all dissolve in 2031.

The fact you are dismissing human rights in you comment is deplorable.

I'll meet that with on the Balance of probabilities there will be side effects because there already are
Yes, we're aware.

We're also aware that 'on the balance of probabilities' those side effects are less harmful/deadly than products we consume/activities we undertake on a daily basis.

The risk is very minimal but everyone here is happy to acknowledge there is a risk nonetheless. We still opted to take it because the benefits outweigh them, I.e., not getting sick with a preventable disease.

And? You keep harping on about how it should take 7/10 years yet refuse to acknowledge the part about why they were able to fast track it in the first place.

Your argument has more holes than Swiss cheese.

Not at all.
My point is depsite fast tracking nobody and I repeat nobody can tell you what the long term side effects of it are.

There is a lot of other prescriptions and drugs that people are on for health reasons that we won't know the effects of combining in someone's body.
That's just the start.

There's a reason why trials take years traditionally.

Not at all.
My point is depsite fast tracking nobody and I repeat nobody can tell you what the long term side effects of it are.

There is a lot of other prescriptions and drugs that people are on for health reasons that we won't know the effects of combining in someone's body.
That's just the start.

Did you actually read the NatGeo article because if you did, you don’t appear to have taken any of it in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And said suffer the consequences...ie lose my job etc etc

Where's the human rights?

What about your employer’s rights? What about their customer’s rights? What about your co-worker’s rights?

What about your employer’s rights? What about their customer’s rights? What about your co-worker’s rights?

Customers rights? To what?? If the customer if vaxed why should they care if someone else in the shop is vaxed or the person serving them is vaxed?

Why are people so concerned about those that aren’t? Do you get the medical records of everyone you pass by??

But the vaccine works right?

If you're standing in a room with 5 vacvinated people and 1 unvaccinated person who's at risk?

The unvaccinated person. They have made a conscious decision to accept the consequences of remaining unvaccinated.

If the vaccine works that is....but of course it works right...

Customers rights? To what?? If the customer if vaxed why should they care if someone else in the shop is vaxed or the person serving them is vaxed?

Why are people so concerned about those that aren’t? Do you get the medical records of everyone you pass by??

What about my child's rights to being safe at the shops...I should know if there are any convicted pedophiles in the store before I go in...oh wait that's against the law.

The logic of these people is incredible to behold in how much it's lacking logic.

If so called 'seatbelts' and 'airbags' work, why do you care if I do 200kph the wrong way down the freeway while blind drunk?

Last time I drove in my car I didn't inject the seatbelt into my blood stream...do you?

But the vaccine works right?

If you're standing in a room with 5 vacvinated people and 1 unvaccinated person who's at risk?

The unvaccinated person. They have made a conscious decision to accept the consequences of remaining unvaccinated.

If the vaccine works that is....but of course it works right...

Because the vaccine isn’t 100 per cent effective, a vaccinated person is still at risk of catching Covid, and the figures suggest an unvaccinated person is much more likely to pass it on that a vaccinated person.

Not at all.

That's just the start.

Sure, it does with some.

The same article also makes mention that it shares a lot of similarities with other Coronavirus'/SARS, which have been researched since around 2002. This would indicate that the treatments are very similar with small variations, so there's 19 years' worth of research and trials that were used to develop a vaccine for this current strain of Coronavirus.

Traditionally, these studies go for years because they rely on funding, from either government or private sector. Government funding can dry up at the drop of a hat and private sector will drop projects if they don't see future profits in them. Then there's a lack of qualified staff and appropriate research subjects.

These COVID vaccines didn't face such troubles, hence the swift rollout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back