Game Day AFL Round 13 - Matchday Discussion North Melbourne@Collingwood(Gabba- 7:10PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I don't know how they do it from your way but they don't tell players to go out there and lose...so not sure how it affects culture.

If you are "managing" (given tanking seems to stop peoples rational thought process) a poor season it is done through selection, player positional experimentation and the blooding of youth whilst senior players are sent for surgery to prepare for 2021.

Systemic tanking is another matter, the type Melbourne and Carlton did where they sought to occupy the bottom 3 of the ladder for an extended period 3-4 years whilst removing all senior talent from the list. This is what kills a clubs culture and can have a negative impact for a decade or more.
This season is still on, if we can make finals anything is possible

Quaynor replaces Varcoe, and Noble is much better than him. We're also missing Howe and Langdon. He would never get a game, and rightfully, because he's terrible
YNoble is ok but he doesn’t have the speed or physicality of Marley and his kicking whilst better isn’t better enough to get him ahead. Howe or Langdon replace Madgen and I wouldn’t play both as it slows us down too much.

Just wondering why when our players get the ball,instead of just kicking the damn thing,they stop,prop,and handball backwards to someone who’s in a worse position than they are.It’s just so obvious.Surely the coaches aren’t coaching them to do this,are they?

Pretty sure that's just Mayne. Most useless 24 possessions I've ever seen. Even when he gets a free kick in our attacking half, he wants a 15m chip kick so someone else can have the responsibility of kicking inside 50.

He even handballs directly to a player 1m in front of him with their back to our attacking half such that they need to run backwards around Mayne to kick it forward. Bloody infuriating.

Scharenberg is like Brad Hill in terms of metres gained compared to Mayne

If he gets another game....

Phillips 9 touches and had no impact.

He has really fallen away badly from last year, when he’d get 30 touches and have no impact.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd argue he's more efficient these days. Same impact with less effort.

YNoble is ok but he doesn’t have the speed or physicality of Marley and his kicking whilst better isn’t better enough to get him ahead. Howe or Langdon replace Madgen and I wouldn’t play both as it slows us down too much.

Noble can kick both sides, is faster and a far better user than Marley - all that is trumps Marleys aggression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back