Review Deadline Day General Discussion - No trades will be lodged before 3pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind listening to Silvagni and Rendell because they can talk about things from a list managers perspective and how they would have approached it.
i dont. all they do is try to justify their own actions and why trading away pick 4 was a good idea for a guy who cant get a game in close to the worst midfield in the comp.

Thank you for retiring Terry Wallace..

Rendell is giving away all Collingwoods trade plans :D
Did he retire the same way Heath Shaw retired?

Rendell is already got my tick of approval - callers asks if they should chase Atley and is he gettable from North....Rendell say nah, he's quick but butchers the ball and can't kick for someone in the system this long. LOL, no holds barred.
Im a big Rendell fan. One of the few in football who never holds back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt Rendell is a ticking time bomb waiting for him to get sacked for calling somebody sh*t or make a non-PC comment. So much better than listening to Terry Wallace.

He's an excellent mix of some genuine insight, with a bit of footy nuff particularly in his delivery. The rumour from him that the Dogs were looking at Mason Cox being immediately debunked by the actual reporters is also perfect.

Exactly the sort Hutchy wants as he will create a good headline for social media posts every day.

Apologies if something like this already exists but we have specific threads for specific players who are either free agents or rumoured to be traded but I thought a more general thread about free agency and trading would be a good idea as well.

KEY OFF-SEASON DATES

October 30 - November 6: AFL Free Agency period
November 4-12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: First list lodgement
November 27: Second list lodgement
November 30: AFL Draft nominations close

So, what are people expecting with the free agency and trade periods? Who is likely to be at a new club on Friday?

Also will clubs make the same mistake they have previously with the trade period and use the first few days of the trade period to basically do nothing, rather than hammering out trades so the bigger trades can happen later on in the trade period? I know for instance several big trades have fallen through at the last minute in previous years because clubs did not leave themselves enough time to get the trades done because they left it so late to properly start agreeing.

Some general rumours and insights into what people have heard would be good as well.

So, what are you expecting or hoping for this free agency and trade period?

Oh yay we got a new contender

'Is Esava worth a first round pick'

Was that from the same guy who said that if Esava moved down to CHB he'd be better than Jeremy McGovern?

So SOS reckons Saad is worth Pick 7

Not what he meant, and not even a reasonable misunderstanding of what he said.

Blind Freddie can work out that Carlton are not taking 7 to the draft. It will go onto the trade table. What it brings will be part of the Saad deal.

That pick ending up at Essendon with something coming back is probably the least likely outcome. No matter what the points can be massaged into equalling.

Ok so which one of you loves Jack Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back