AFL-X Sat 17/2/18 Allianz Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t wear it as an away jumper anyway. Certainly not when playing Essendon, Richmond, Port etc. so you’d need a third - and that’s not going to happen.

Whitfield, Lloyd and Setterfield were the standouts for me.
Keefe and Ried did well
I agree with dlanod that Bonar wasn't playing both ways
Shipley may have set a new record for free kicks given away per minutes played

As for the concept, I won't pay to go again.

Also wonder if anyone in AFL is smart enough to put cameras facing the shady end of the ground even if just for atmosphere, it would have looked almost completely empty, yet was completely packed on the western side. They don't because the cameras would be looking into the sun, but seem to expect us to be stupid enough to do it
I thought exactly the same thing. They want to grow the game in Sydney but every game this one and spotless, the camera face the most empty parts of the stadium. Making it look empty and allowing the Melbourne negative Nancy's to say no one cares about footy in NSW

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do you know what disappointed me a little bit was following our second loss, the whole Giants team and staff including the players in the stands all got up and walked out of the stadium. The worst part was that their exit point was the opposite side of the stadium to where the crowd was so in full view of everyone there. And it wasn't into changerooms, it was out the gates and into a bus. Lol

I thought the guys might stay around and watch the other teams since there was only 30 mins left. All the other AFLX teams were there for the final.

Not a biggy but thought it didn't show much respect. Especially since the swans and giants are working together to grow the game in NSW. So it was good to have a Sydney team in the final

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I found the guernseys quite confusing there - the Giants wearing a dark strip which they never wear (either orange or white) against Richmond wearing a light strip which isn't what they usually wear. My brain kept switching the teams because of the unexpected colour switch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back