Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2020 #1 Team - Season Cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame for Moyes. Have to say, Donnellan best on ground. I’ve been pretty critical of her, but that’s two impressive games back to back.

Will be good to get O’Sullivan back next week. We looked a little lost dealing with their spare defender in the 1st quarter, but that was some performance in the 2nd quarter.

They sort of went to sleep in the 2nd half though. But did enough to maintain that unassailable lead.

Next week is quite important, away game. If they can beat Adelaide in Darwin, they should be equal favorites with North for the flag.

Freo Oval really is a shithole. You'd think with women's sport being the flavour of the month politically we could use that to get some coin for a decent upgrade.

I know there was a plan to improve things, has there been any progression other than council demands to put more solar panels in?

Very impressed with the girls ( wopersons for the PC brigade ) style of game.

Always felt you needed to give the girls a couple of seasons to start putting a good package together, they were starting from a low amateur base. Now they are alot fitter and their marking and kicking aint half bad.

In one way the girls are tougher !!!!. When they are hit, they get up ( bit dazed of course ) and play on. With the men, they'll have 50 trainers out there assessing a scratch on the knee. I like the rule, get up or get off.

Is Dana Hooker the most unlikely looking athlete in a body contact sport ?. Anyway, she gets the thumbs up from me.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very impressed with the girls ( wopersons for the PC brigade ) style of game.

Always felt you needed to give the girls a couple of seasons to start putting a good package together, they were starting from a low amateur base. Now they are alot fitter and their marking and kicking aint half bad.

In one way the girls are tougher !!!!. When they are hit, they get up ( bit dazed of course ) and play on. With the men, they'll have 50 trainers out there assessing a scratch on the knee. I like the rule, get up or get off.

Is Dana Hooker the most unlikely looking athlete in a body contact sport ?. Anyway, she gets the thumbs up from me.

Agree on Dana, she is the least likely looking footballer (so slight), yet she gets hammered often and just gets up and brushes herself off.
Could not be more impressed by her.

Pity about her brother …..
Bad call about Joel IMO
The guy might have been drafted early with respect to actual production, but unlike most who get on the list, he didn't get that chance to shine.
Genuinely nice fella who could have done things if given the chance
Gemma was always a nice girl as well, so please ease off the J Houghton bashing

Bad call about Joel IMO
The guy might have been drafted early with respect to actual production, but unlike most who get on the list, he didn't get that chance to shine.
Bad call about Joel IMO

Plus he suffered a bad ankle injury if I remember which he never recovered fully from

Said it before, I'll say it again. Geez I love Dana Hooker. :purpleheart:

I don't know what they can do as far as salary cap goes, but they need to throw whatever they can at her so the dirty birds don't poach her next year. She does have a job at the club, so that is one positive...

Also - I think Miller is lucky to get away with one week. I thought two when I saw it. She jumped off the ground and crunched that Collingwood player fair in between the shoulder blades. Bloody shame, she's a player we could do with against Adelaide.

Gawd, imagine if we win this! The bandwagon won't be big enough! (Inaugural member here, just FYI... ;) :purpleheart::heartpulse::purpleheart:)

Somebody on BF said if the Roos and us win this week settles the top 2 for Conference A.
It would mean North and Freo are two games clear of Adelaide and Melbourne with three games remaining and one of their remaining games is against each other.

Adelaide absolutely need to win, they play North the week after.

If we win this week and next then our final game against North could be a total fizzer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back