Game Day AFLW R.4 Crows vs Dockers...Fremantle Oval Sunday 26/02/17 6.35 PM SA Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's some thoughts cos I enjoy doing it:
  • Holmes, best game of the year.
  • Tex Perkins, probably best as well. Not sure I've seen a KPF play so well in any womens game yet.
  • Freo had a tactic of having extra players right in on the ball, like 2-3 of them within 2 meters of it. That was an advantage in Q1, they had possession and ran away with it. Worked the other way in the other 3 quarters. The ball stayed in there, until a crows handball out or it bounced around and out, etc. We ran away with it, using clean hands, free receivers everywhere.
  • It was always going to be the case that the marquee players (Randall, Gibson) and also Marinade, were guns. But our recruiters need a pat on the back. We have a good group of other players that are right up there talent wise. Tex, Metcalfe, Phillips (duh), The Sedge (that's a thing now), Radan. I don't think the other AFLW teams have that kind of talent, some of them seem to have like, 2 players that really stand out and that's it. I guess that's why it's 4 in a row!
  • For the 2nd week in a row our ability to have players forward of the ball running into space, and then kick it to them has been great. All the teams are trying to do this, but crows actually are. Evidenced by Freo struggling the ball into their forward line with multiple stoppages and then crows rebound it all the way back down the ground. Must be demoralising. :)

1FOhmQm.gif
I'd make the same wanking jokes about men thank you very much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back